Sign in to follow this  
turkeyneck

Remington Triggers

Send them back to Remington. There is a known issue. Gun can fire by just flipping the safety. We had it happen to us. Remington fixed it for free.

Not on here too :angry:

Just saw a post about this on Facebook. The anti's are resurrecting the issue about Remington 700 triggers and how unsafe they are and how negligent gun manufacturers are.

The recall doesn't impact your rifle since they only recalled those after 2006. If I were you I'd put a Timney on it anyway.

Send them back to Remington. There is a known issue. Gun can fire by just flipping the safety. We had it happen to us. Remington fixed it for free.

60min. just aired a big a big special saying the replacement triggers have statistically been more defective than the original recall. Look it up, it was pretty interesting to say the least.

I have a 700, aftermarket trigger is the only way to go.

The triggers you have are easily tuned down to 2lbs and can be very nice triggers for hunting situations. If the extra half a pound is worth $140 put a Timney in it.

Not on here too :angry:

Just saw a post about this on Facebook. The anti's are resurrecting the issue about Remington 700 triggers and how unsafe they are and how negligent gun manufacturers are.

The recall doesn't impact your rifle since they only recalled those after 2006. If I were you I'd put a Timney on it anyway.

Well the antis will go after anything, but Remington isn't helping itself either by having the QA issues it's been having. I only own one 700 and it has been recalled. Wish I could just get my money back and buy a Savage or a Tikka.

i have some of the older ones they are great. and adjust to a nice pull. i have a couple shilen triggers, they are my favorite after market. jewell are nice too. timney are the most common and easy to install.

• Like 1

I have seen two Remington 700s fire after the safety was released with no one or nothing touching the trigger. If you follow the rules of firearms safety, you may have an accidental discharge, but there will be no one or nothing harmed, although I will guarantee that your heart rate will spike. The problem started long before 2006 with the introduction of the "Walker trigger" in some of their Model 721s and 722s. When the Model 700 was introduced around 1965, they were all equipped with the Walker trigger. Years ago, I was friends with a man who worked for Remington in their PR department. We shot together quite a lot. He told me that the trigger was a problem and he wished that Remington would just acknowledge it and fix it. A very good gunsmith I knew over in Georgia (now deceased) had a standing offer to replace them for free if you brought a 721, 722 or 700 to his shop.

Some say that pulling the trigger with the safety on, then releasing the safety, is what causes the AD. But in one instance that involved a rifle sitting on bench bags on a shooting bench, I know for certain that a round was chambered, the safety was engaged and after some conversation, the shooter pushed the safety off and the rifle fired immediately. His trigger finger was still nowhere near the trigger guard. I haven't owned any Remingtons with either the Walker trigger or the newer version, and will not own one unless it has an aftermarket trigger.

• Like 1

BenBrown,

Another part of the problem is there are to many people so loyal to a certain company, they refuse to acknowledege that there is a issue when there is one and underplay it. As you stated, if proper firearms safety is practiced, no one would ever get hurt regardless. However, a gun going off when the safety is released is still a problem. Imagine the uproar if a vehicle went full throttle and you couldn't stop it once the break was released? There would be heck to pay, as there should be. I will sell my Remington 700 once its back from them. I am done with them. They knew it was an issue but refused to take care of it. That's really what bothers me the most.