Sign in to follow this  
DIYFamilyMan

2005 F150 4x4

I have an 06 w the 5.4 with 106k. Never had an issue my plugs came out easy w no issues towed trailers flabeds w quads and rangers no issues at all. 4x4 has been great. Strong truck and looks as new the day I baught it. My only issue ever was the electric window switches. I replaced them a couple of times. Good luck with the truck if you decide to buy it.

I had an 05 and the only problem I had with it the entire time I owned it was the spark plugs. Changed them at 80k then again at 100k then the last 20k before I finally got rid of it was cyl 1 kept burning up the plug. Other than that it was a great truck

I had an 05 and the only problem I had with it the entire time I owned it was the spark plugs. Changed them at 80k then again at 100k then the last 20k before I finally got rid of it was cyl 1 kept burning up the plug. Other than that it was a great truck

+1. I had same issue with #1 cylinder. Used lisle tool for plug to get it out. They'll run forever.

I think you'll like it - I had an '06 with the 5.4L. The only problems were the master window switch and a vacuum leak causing the hubs to partially engage and get torn up which were both well known. The window switch issue can often be solved by pulling the switch and cleaning the contact points. The engine never had an issue - never messed with the original spark plugs from 56,000 to 141,000 miles and maybe lost 0.2 mpg over that time.

I replaced it with an '08 with a 4.6L which I also liked a lot and now I have '12 with the Ecoboost and it's ridiculously awesome.