Sign in to follow this  
THE OUTDOORSMANS

New Swarovski BTX

So, no one has peeked thru them yet? Not one review?

With all due respect to Jay Scott, with his business/name in the hunting community, I'm not sure he'd say "it sucks butt" even if it did.

So, no one has peeked thru them yet? Not one review?

With all due respect to Jay Scott, with his business/name in the hunting community, I'm my sure he'd say "it sucks butt" even if it did.
Exactly, the few reviews I've seen have been from people affiliated with the outdoorsman. Im curious to see what everybody is saying once the product makes its way to the field

First off I do believe Jay would call it like he saw it regardless of his name in the industry. Second I've looked through them on a 65 briefly and I can say I was very, very impressed.

• Like 1

My 2 cents........I haven't looked through them yet but from all the videos/reviews I have seen everything seems to be this.

They tend to have a darker image and they have a slight orangish brownish Color. Compared to the strictly kowas....not as bright. Splitting the image from one objective this would obviously happen(already mentioned). Weight savings compared to the kowas, ridiculous. Weight saving alone compared to the kowas is going to make a bunch of people switch. And I can see why. I would buy the new BTX over the kowas all day.

When you compare them to a "GOOD" set of big eyes (65mm scopes) with the 25-50 eye pieces I think you are gunna be ahead of the game with the big eyes. Light gathering with the variable power IMO outweighs the weight saving. To get even close to light gathering capabilities you are gunna need the big objective and you are gunna maybe be saving 1lb. But you won't have the variable power. If you add the doubler you're right at the same weight basically. Plus if you are not a fan of angled eye pieces you are SOL.

Not very many people have or can get a really good bracket for the big eyes. So for the vast majority of consumers the new BTX are the way to go especially considering the availability of consumer based big binoculars. You are basically limited to Kowas, doctors, and the new BTX. Between those 3 IMO BTX all the way. If you have the contacts for the best of the best 65mm swaro big eye bracket with the 25-50 eye pieces that's my preference.

Not very many people have or can get a really good bracket for the big eyes

If you have the contacts for the best of the best 65mm swaro big eye bracket

who is this mysterious bracket plug.

• Like 1

Not very many people have or can get a really good bracket for the big eyes

If you have the contacts for the best of the best 65mm swaro big eye bracket

who is this mysterious bracket plug.

I know this guy sells them

http://garrettprecisionaz.com/product/kowa-and-swarovski-dual-scope-mount/

• Like 1

Just giving my 2 cents guys. Don't think those brackets are that great. Just my opinion which I stated. No plug for anyone.

• Like 1

Same here. No plug. Just passing info that I had come across.