bonecollector

Draw progress

I know I am in the minority on this, although not perfect, I think AZ's system is the best around. it combines dedication with luck to get its results. If you want a unit 9 early bull tag and never put in, you have a chance. If you have 25 points and you want that same tag you have more of a chance. Nothing is guaranteed, but it is weighted to the ones waiting the longest. If your are lucky you put in for what ever you want and get drawn, if you are like the rest of us you play the percentages and combine that with luck to get the occasional tag.

Remember G&F and hunters are dealing with the supply and demand issues of limited supply and high demand. If thereare 50 tags and 2000 people want them, somebody is waiting and no system will change that.

well said. I couldnt agree more

I wish we would square points or do away with them all together. In 22 years of applying, i have been drawn for exactly 1 tag i wasn't in the bonus pass for. My father is 63. Has applied for bighorn since he was 10. Missed 1 year since bonus points started (52 applications) and will probably never be drawn because at this rate he won't hit max. I wish younger people could turn tags over to their fathers because i would in less than a second if i was drawn and could do it. I have 21 bp for antelope and will honestly probably never hit max in my lifetime. You should have 10 years of applying before it counts for lope and bighorn, and 3 year wait for elk. The blade sinks deep when i see people with 0 bps draw sheep when old timers have applied for ever and will probably never get the chance in their lifetime to take one.

• Like 5

Man, lots of sad stories here. I am getting my tissues as we speak. It's like there is nothing to hunt without waiting a lifetime.

Just ask TJ.

• Like 3

I wish we would square points or do away with them all together. In 22 years of applying, i have been drawn for exactly 1 tag i wasn't in the bonus pass for. My father is 63. Has applied for bighorn since he was 10. Missed 1 year since bonus points started (52 applications) and will probably never be drawn because at this rate he won't hit max. I wish younger people could turn tags over to their fathers because i would in less than a second if i was drawn and could do it. I have 21 bp for antelope and will honestly probably never hit max in my lifetime. You should have 10 years of applying before it counts for lope and bighorn, and 3 year wait for elk. The blade sinks deep when i see people with 0 bps draw sheep when old timers have applied for ever and will probably never get the chance in their lifetime to take one.

That would be awesome. I woulda gave anything to hunt with my pops.

Time to start a petition I guess.

If they allow kids to pass tags up to parents this will be me 2419un5.jpg

Wonder how many of those kids belong to Josh?

You know that MF knows wassup when it comes to roofies.

If they allow kids to pass tags up to parents this will be me 2419un5.jpg

Wonder how many of those kids belong to Josh?

You know that MF knows wassup when it comes to roofies.

What the crap are you talking about? For real.

Well, I hunt

Man, lots of sad stories here. I am getting my tissues as we speak. It's like there is nothing to hunt without waiting a lifetime.

Just ask TJ.

Well, i hunt every single year and kill bigger animals than 99.9% of the hunting world. I'll cry to all my 100% draw odds booners on the wall. Just lookin' out for some of the old timers that have paid their dues. God forbid

If they allow kids to pass tags up to parents this will be me

2419un5.jpg

His other 5 wives are in the other room........

Just ask TJ.

And not getting any easier.

I agree. That's not right, there's just not enough tags in the sheep pool to be using that system.

• Like 1

2 becomes 4, 3 becomes 9 , 4 becomes 16 etc

• Like 1