Non-Typical Solutions

Night Hunting

Depending on the unit you could hunt mountain lions and/or coyote after dark...the regulations break it down into "Daylong" and "Daylight" shooting periods...the stated reason for allowing "Daylong" shooting of certain predator species is to lessen their impact on Antelope and other big game species......

Lesson learned always keep the regs in your vehicle. They are complicated, open to interpretation, & confusing so, even if you have them @ the campfire (and you are a little well you know tired) you will still be able to argue. And if all else fails you can keep the fire going.

• Like 3

So if I am spot lighting and have fire arms in my vehicle am I looking for trouble with the law?

Yes. For night hunting where aloud your light source can not be connected to your vehicle.

• Like 2

I've been calling coyotes and lion at night this winter.

I hunt just the same as I would in the day light. I scout a spot. I hike out to it. Except I have a 1500 lumen red led zoomable light mounted to my rifle....and I wet myself ever time I hear a noise.

• Like 14

So if I am spot lighting and have fire arms in my vehicle am I looking for trouble with the law?

Need to just read the regs when you can.

Yes. For night hunting where aloud your light source can not be connected to your vehicle.

Or operated from

I hunt just the same as I would in the day light. I scout a spot. I hike out to it. Except I have a 1500 lumen red led zoomable light mounted to my rifle....and I wet myself ever time I hear a noise.

Did hunting at night result in more flashes/shot opportunities then what you typically got when you just hunted during daylight hours?

I've been going out at night for years. And yes the adrenaline really gets pumping and there is some panty wetting. Perhaps that's why I've only found a couple others willing to venture out at night.

I've been going out at night for years. And yes the adrenaline really gets pumping and there is some panty wetting. Perhaps that's why I've only found a couple others willing to venture out at night.

Im in Edge. Been wanting to try it. Never done any callin but always wanted to try it. What better way