Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector777

Buck Officially Scored 200 0/8" gross 197 4/8" net

Well last week after the 60 day drying period my December buck officially scored 200 0/8" gross 197 4/8" net. Couple inches smaller than originally scored due to some initial mismeasurements on my part and probably a very tiny bit of that being shrinkage. Either way I'm more than happy to have a 200 inch Archery buck on an OTC tag from an area that from my knowledge has never produced a buck like this. With the score of 197 4/8" net it should make him number 5 all time in az and 16 all time pope and young in the current books and will probably drop down to 18-19 pope and young after this next book comes out.

post-8945-0-11160800-1489603641_thumb.jpg

post-8945-0-72708200-1489605731_thumb.jpg

• Like 33
  • Wow! 1

Good for you buddy. You said you didnt know about this buck. Have you gotten any messages from people saying they were after it.

• Haha 1

Good for you buddy. You said you didnt know about this buck. Have you gotten any messages from people saying they were after it.

I have received about 10 messages from guys claiming they were chasing it. Problem was only two people were within the right area for it to be this buck. I had stories spread from over by Clints well, all across the rim, all the way to showlow. So apparently theres 8 other 200 inch typicals out there somewhere ;)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Congrats again Blake. Have you or will you have him aged? Would be curious to know the age of basically what has to be the MAX size deer in the area. 5, 7, 9 years old? Would be awesome to know.

dang animals love those powerlines. Cant tell you how many people i know have said "I shot it by the powerlines". Nice buck again

• Haha 1

Congrats again Blake. Have you or will you have him aged? Would be curious to know the age of basically what has to be the MAX size deer in the area. 5, 7, 9 years old? Would be awesome to know.

I didn't have him aged but from judging off his nose and body and teeth and also having some taxidermists look at the teeth we have come up with 5-6 years old max. Makes you wonder if it was his best year or if he even had a little more in him next year. Hopefully he passed on some babies before he died!

Thats awesome man! Congrats!

Wow congrats