Sign in to follow this  
chewy15

2017 is starting out great!!!

I stopped applying since I have drawn 3 antelope tags. No sense being greedy.

:D

I am greedy and want a 4th tag in 20 years. I love the draw process.

dang I thought I was the lucky one. theres 2 more of you?

I got 3 rifle lope tags in 5 years didnt put in one of those years all unit 9. I just started putting in again 3 years ago. cause our youngest daughter hunts.

every time I drew a lope tag I drew a early bull rifle tag or a 13 a/b deer tag. early bull rifle tag sucked with the lope tag as they were the same days to hunt. only thing that made it nice was unit 8 bull and unit 9 lope so had kinda a short drive ;).

hunted in the am for elk and at 9-10 I drove to unit 9 to hunt lopes then at 3-4 I headed back to unit 8 every day for the entire season.

I signed the rifle lope tag over to our oldest daughter as she didnt want the bull elk tag hehe neither did I. she ended up killing a decent one last day(or day before last day) I believe the 1st shot at it was like 10-15 yards. walked right up to the scrub oak she was hiding in.

Now I am just hoping for an archery tag or a 13a/b tag rifle or archery lope tag, doesnt look like it this year though, one of us got a elk tag though so maybe we could still get hit for lopes

Guess Im greedy also.After drawing a 2010 rifle antelope and both a 2016 rifle antelope and early rifle bull tag I still put in again for both this year,

• Like 1

While we wait to find out the results, I did some scouting this morning. I know the unit I am hunting, I do not know the method yet. This buck, according to Eastman's, is in stage one of horn growth. His tops are developed but he still has to put on his mass and length.

post-4480-0-96962000-1490554396_thumb.jpg

post-4480-0-74714000-1490554448_thumb.jpg

post-4480-0-97718500-1490554541_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Do antelope move much in September from where they are most summer long?

They are rutting, they go where the girls are.

Thanks that's what I figured so the goal is find a few shooter bucks then locate the closest does in the areas of these bucks. I am very excited to get this opportunity to hunt antelope in az!!! I know the unit I drew isn't the most coveted unit however i still get the chance to hunt them much sooner than I expected. Good luck to all the very lucky antelope hunters that drew this year and cherish this experience!!!