Sign in to follow this  
goinhuntn

Believe it or not

I don't think anyone is calling you a liar. But it should not be able to happen if the draw goes as it is supposed to. Someone posted a video not too long ago explaining the draw. OP should watch it and see exactly what should happen. And a 3rd choice applicant drawing a tag for a bull hunt should not be possible. Not even a late archery tag.

• Like 2

My partner and I once received bull tags on an application where we only applied for easy draw cow tags. We chose not to go down to GFD and complain about that "problem". The hunt was one of the late November archery hunts and it sucked. After the hunt we both agreed we should have taken our receipt and gone down and complained. "No, we don't want these bull tags, please give us the cow tags we applied for". That probably would have been a great "candid camera" moment.

Maybe the DGF made a mistake and didn't put them in for the draw then gave them a tag.Last year they didn't put me in for the spring turkey hunt.They sent me tag #5 for a hunt with 4 tags.I didnt ask for or expect a tag.

I don't think anyone is calling you a liar. But it should not be able to happen if the draw goes as it is supposed to. Someone posted a video not too long ago explaining the draw. OP should watch it and see exactly what should happen. And a 3rd choice applicant drawing a tag for a bull hunt should not be possible. Not even a late archery tag.

That was a good video. I can't recall, did it cover the variable of number of applicants on an application? You can have 1 tag left for a hunt, application after application with 2, 3 or 4 applicants can be pulled up and rejected because there are not enough tags. It will take an application with 1 applicant to get the tag. The same math works for 2 tags left or 3 tags left. If there are tags left, but the number of applicants on the application exceeds the number of tags available the application is rejected and the next one pulled up.

Well, I for one applied for unit 8 Sept Archety bull first choice & wasn't drawn.

Something is wrong with that picture.

Sounds like you need to get on their tag from now on.

All this time I thought I would be wasting my time putting in for anything other than a 1st and 2nd choice. Next year I'm doing all 5. Going off the hunts I put in for it's mathematically impossible for me to draw anything but my first two choices that being said it IS possible for the GnF to screw up during that draw process and accidentally issue me a tag when technically I shouldn't get one. This isn't the first time I've heard the tale of the magical 3rd choice draw.

There's no possible way to draw a unit 8 tag of any kind with a 3rd choice. I just looked at the 2016 draw and success page in the Regs and there are 18 possible hunts you could've drawn with a 3rd choice and 8 wasn't one. There were more applicants with firsts and second choices in all the unit 8 hunts. The only way to get a 3rd choice is if you have tags leftover after all the first and second apps are done. The only way you get that tag on third choice is that f the azgfd made a input error!

• Like 1

My friend drew an elk tag last year with his 5th choice.

BUT....it was a December rifle cow tag in a mid tier unit.

Looks like unit 8 will be my new #3 choice form now on.

Just in case...

So basically I am being called a liar!! Well I am telling you what I saw on his confirmation & I was on the hunt with him!! It really doesn't matter what some of you

think to be true. Yotebuster Stand firm on whatever you want maybe numbers were srewed up doesn't matter to me or them they still got a tag!!! I'm done with

this post!

Its hard to draw 3rd choice when there is 10 people apply for every available permit.

The game and fish has made many documented errors with the big game draws over the years. This is just one of many, most no one every hears about.

Must happen more often than people think. My father was drawn for the Late Archery bull hunt 3rd choice last year.

Lots of claims but no one ever puts up an actual receipt to back up this information and then get's mad when no one believes it.

Lots of claims but no one ever puts up an actual receipt to back up this information and then get's mad when no one believes it.

What receipt are you guys talking about the receipt I have emailed to me just says the amount I paid, date and other generic info.