Sign in to follow this  
Couestracker

Ready to chase some gobblers

Anxious to hear which archery elk hunt I drew, but in the meantime, I leave for San Carlos a week from tomorrow!

Went to the Desert Christian Archers (now Christian Hunters of America) sponsored turkey hunting seminar last night. It was a great seminar as usual, except I didn't win the Mexico guided Gould's hunt from Colburn and Scott outfitters. Oh well.

Ammon from Little Creek Calls was there with some of his awesome calls he makes. I bought a couple of diaphragm calls and a couple of strikers from him. Thanks Ammon!

Somehow I wound up short on strikers, wonder how that happened? Actually, the holders in my turkey vest are lame, gotta come up with something better.

The strikers I got from him are really cool, they have bug holes in them, giving them more character. One has an acrillyc rod in it. (See pic)

I'm working on another striker, mounting a bear claw on the end, just for something different. Will post when I finish, going to take it with me on the hunt, so I'd better get busy.

I also am going turkey hunting in New Mexico on the 15th, after I get back from this hunt, then going straight to Colcord Ridge for the youth turkey camp as a mentor.

Good luck to all the turkey hunters in the coming weeks!

post-736-0-37421200-1490207757_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Good luck on the upcoming hunts! I was at the seminar as well and always enjoy watching the clips and listen to people talk Turkey.

Looking forward to some stories and pictures!

• Like 1

Good luck on San Carlos hunt. I have the 2nd hunt and hope you boys leave a few not so smart birds.

• Like 1

I'm ready to go! I'm worried about my guide tho. The Turkeymaster. He's getting kinda old. Forgets who I am. And "what Dave hes talking to". Alzheimer's is a heck of a thing. Sad really.

• Like 1

I'm ready to go! I'm worried about my guide tho. The Turkeymaster. He's getting kinda old. Forgets who I am. And "what Dave hes talking to". Alzheimer's is a heck of a thing. Sad really.

Don't know who your friend is but I hope he remembers to take you out turkey hunting with a name like "The Turkeymaster" I would want him along for the hunt too. I would like to tag along and see how "The Turkeymaster" works his calls but I just REMEMBERED I have to help a hunter finish his Royal Slam on a second season Gould's hunt. Good luck.

I wish my schedule would have worked out to join you in New Mexico! We leave for Kansas for my daughter's hunt in 19 days. Then we regroup and head down to Happy Jack for the youth hunt and camp there, where she is supposed to be the "Guest of Honor" for the NWTF JAKES program. I'll be taking her out and mentoring other kids as well. Last night, her custom call from Albert Paul got here a full month earlier than planned!

• Like 2