Sign in to follow this  
Weston

Savage .338 lapua optional vortex razor

Hey guys, I bought this rifle when I lived up north for hunting bears and late elk hunts. Since moving and acquiring some different guns this has turned into a safe Queen and it's time to let her go.

It's a savage 110 FCP with the HS precision stock.

I took the rifle backpacking twice and it shows some wear on the stock, although nothing structural. All the metal is in great shape.

I had initially bought the gun and a plethora of different bullets to try and couldn't get it to shoot better than 1.25 MOA which was surprising, had a smith bed it which didn't help, ultimately savage took a look at it and replaced the muzzle break which evidently hadn't been sized quite right. As it was approaching hunting season I tried a few loads I had cooked up and a load with .300 grain SMK shot .75 MOA at 300 yards and I took it out and it replicated it 3 times so I felt good and hunted with it. I shot a buck at 85 yards (go figure) I had a buddy use the rifle later that year and shot a buck at 719.

I was a bit frustrated with the rifle prior to the fix (I hate load development) so I never worked with the gun again and stuck with the load as it was more than acceptable

The gun has a 20 MOA EGW rail which will stay on it regardless of the optic,

Components (some are bagged in ziplock bags and some in original packaging)

Brass - all lapua brand

26x unfired

12x loaded foulers (mismatch of bullets and powder charges from a box I spilled, always mark your cases!)

2x twice fired un prepped

23x twice fired and prepped

26x twice fired and cleaned

Threaded case for mesuring

(I might have a handful more floating around as I'm not sure where the other 11 went other than 3 hunting, but I also might not)

Bullets

32 beger 300 grain

24 hornady 250 grain

34 Sierra game king 250 grain

54 Sierra Match King 300 grain

50 Nosler Accubond 300 grain

I also have a 2 die set of the Forster micrometer dies (these are fantastic dies by far my favorite set I own)

Carbon fiber gunslick 33 caliber cleaning rod

The rifle can go with or without the scope which is a gen 1 vortex razor 5x20x50 (34mm tube)

I think I have right at $2000 in the set up minus the scope obviously the brass isn't all new anymore and the bullets may not be what people want exactly but I think $1450 for everything minus the scope is a very fair price to give someone a great set up to get into a 338LM with reloading components and a variety of bullets to try.

I will likely keep the scope unless someone really wants it with the rifle, in that case I would take 1300 for the scope, level and rings bringing the total package to $2750.

I can't seem to find my book on this gun right now, but I kind of listed this on an impulse and have a few more places to check... I believe the round count is around 140 I would have to find the book before I verified an exact number.

Rifle broken in properly and always cleaned with a bore guide. And it's certainly killed everything it's hit in quite a hurry.

I've got a wedding to pay for so cash is king, likely not interested in trades but it doesn't hurt to ask.

IMG_1143_zpsctpjp4ug.jpg

IMG_1145_zpsht70hynb.jpg

• Like 2

I feel like i hit a homerun on my savage 111lrh .338 lapua. Legitimate .4" @200 yards. I consistently shoot under .5moa out to 600 yards with 285gn amax. Bump it up for a serious elk cannon.

With results out and tax money coming in somebody needs a new elk gun!

1350 for the rifle

2650 rifle and scope

Would really like to sell this locally, I'll be driving to flagstaff this weekend, but I'll post it elsewhere if no one here wants it.

Any more interest in this before I post it elsewhere?

1250 for rifle and components

1250 for scope

You're right, thanks! It is a 35mm tube not 34

Scope is sold,

Make me an offer on the gun and all the reloading components, before I decide to keep it.