Sign in to follow this  
cjl2010

Hornady 140 eld-m

Anybody have a Hornady book that can tell me starting and max loads for h4350 and 140 eld-m for a 6.5 creed. Thanks guys

Start with 41 and work up to 42.5 in 1/2 increments. Those Eld's are a little picky when it comes to how far you load off the lands. I just loaded up some a while back with over 100 thousands jump. I'm hoping they work cause I have tried everything in between.

My 140 Vlds shoot one hole with 42.5g. David

• Like 2

Awesome thanks. I'm getting frustrated with the 143 in my rifle. Thought I would give the 140 a try. From what I have read they are basically an amax and piles of animals have been harvested with them so why not.

Awesome thanks. I'm getting frustrated with the 143 in my rifle. Thought I would give the 140 a try. From what I have read they are basically an amax and piles of animals have been harvested with them so why not.

Im having a hard time with mt 143s as well

Im having a hard time with mt 143s as well
It's been frustrating. Hoping the eld match are less sensitive

I bet those 147s would be awesome if you can get them to shoot

I have yet to see the 143s shoot well out of anything I have tried them in. The 140s however, have proven to be very accurate and easy to tune.

I have yet to see the 143s shoot well out of anything I have tried them in. The 140s however, have proven to be very accurate and easy to tune.

That's makes me feel better

I have used factory hornady eldx 143 in my tikka and they shot .75 Moa at .130 off lands I have settled with 140 Berger hunting and they have been shooting .4 Moa at .003 off lands.

I,m using superformance powder 44.2 gn. Out of a 20 inch barrelpost-13701-0-44881900-1490880999_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

It's a ctr 6.5 creedmoor It has been accurate with everything I put through the tube some times it surprises me

Has anybody been able to get the Eld-x bullets to shoot besides the factory ammo? I have a cut rifled 1-8.5 twist barrel and I'm beginning to think these bullets are just to long for my barrel. I actually got a little tumbling in the beginning when they were loaded just off the lands. David

my hunting partner has his 6.5x284 dialed in with 143 eldx's, not sure what his groups are but he can break clays at 800+ yds with it. I'll see if he'll get on here and share his load.