Sign in to follow this  
lefty

lake picachos, mexico

last week me my son and my dad spent 3 days bass fishing on lake picachos in mexico with ron speed adventures, in the three days we caught 642 bass and that's not counting the one's that came off on the way to the boat. the big fish of the trip was 7 lbs along with a 6, several 5's a bunch of 4's most fish were between 2-3 lbs with an occasional dink. the rooms were decent with a/c in the bedrooms and hot water in the shower. the food and service was excellent too. I told my son on the way home that we'll have to sell the boat now because we're just waisting our time fishing in az. ha ha j/k

• Like 2

Ill have to look into that. Lookin to do somethin like that with my wife for our 10yr next yr. any info you can send me? I'll search it too. We usually go to roosevelt or apache for the weekend but wanted to do a little more for the 10th. Thanks

I know Ron Speed has done guided fishing trips to multiple lakes down there for over twenty years. I also know that if you go on your own and take your own boat that the police he has paid will try to not let you get on the lake, even if it's out of their jurisdiction. We went about twenty years ago and absolutely killed it. Big bass of the trip was 12 lbs 2 oz and we probably caught thirty between 7-10 lbs. Double hookups on five pounders were common. We did way better than his clients and they weren't happy about it. There were three of us and I was only about 15 at the time. This was at Lake Comedero.

I know Ron Speed has done guided fishing trips to multiple lakes down there for over twenty years. I also know that if you go on your own and take your own boat that the police he has paid will try to not let you get on the lake, even if it's out of their jurisdiction. We went about twenty years ago and absolutely killed it. Big bass of the trip was 12 lbs 2 oz and we probably caught thirty between 7-10 lbs. Double hookups on five pounders were common. We did way better than his clients and they weren't happy about it. There were three of us and I was only about 15 at the time. This was at Lake Comedero.

There's are a lot of Mexico lakes we take our bass boat to, I don't think Picachos is one of them.

How do you know the cops didn't just want mordida as usual

How do you know the cops didn't just want mordida as usual

It was out of their jurisdiction. They didn't have any business being there, much less guarding the boat ramp. Long story short, they didn't stop us from fishing for 6 days.