NOTAGS

any 2017 success yet?

Hey, anyone been up yet on the hunt? I cant imagine there hasnt been at least one buffalo killed by now?

One buffalo cow taken in Saddle Mtn Wilderness

was the only one taken on a spring hunt so far.

Lots of snow on the plateau this winter perhaps explains

why it's so slow. Just got a report of a herd moving closer to National Forest side

and I am getting ready to head out soon.

I got mine Friday at Raymond ranch, very interesting

We need you to post up your story.

Go a head power guy tell them the story, I don't have the heart

Ok, meet at the ranch managers office at 8am , short orientation, the 2 rangers and 3 hunters and 1 friend each get in a truck for the hunt. Drive about a mile, locate herd, one has GPS if needed. Drive up to herd (19 animals left), get 20yrds away lay out feed pellets . Drive out to 63 yards and wait until herd separates and then the manager puts up an awesome tripod and tells the hunters (in permit # order) which buffalo to shoot. 3 buffalo on ground, Call friends with flatbed trailer and to drive out to kill , take pics , gut, load and back to skinning shed by 9:15am, skin and quarter, load and on the road to Processor by 12:10pm. Well there you have it, not sugar coated and I don't no how to make it sound more interesting. Anyway needed my buffalo from az for my az big 10 , and for $350.00 for a 3 yr old cow , 4 bonus points , who cares if it's my once in a life time is done. Time to eat

post-11006-0-16396400-1491885625_thumb.jpeg

• Like 12

Do they allow you to shoot your buffalo with a bow on the ranch? Or any rifle/muzzleloader restrictions? Just curious how they could make it a little tiny bit more interesting.

wildwoody congrats… the House Rock tag can take a lifetime plus to draw. I completed my AZ Big 10 last month with a lion,,, now I gotta get another "personal quest". I guess a big bull with my bow this year will have to do short term. I don't think the AZ Big 13 will ever happen, cause I don't believe I will ever draw a Rocky Tag. Enjoy the meat, buff is the bomb for dining!

• Like 2

This is my 2017 archery bison. The first archery bison of the year. I shot it at 25 yards on salt. The cow only went 20 yards after being heart shot with a 3 blade Wac'em. It was coming down to the end and I wasn't going to be picky. In 14 days of hunting this was the only bison I laid eyes on.

post-3998-0-79047400-1496759808_thumb.jpg

• Like 10