Sign in to follow this  
BigDaddyDMD

Advice on how to input my daughter for rifle deer tag

Thank you. That makes it so much more understandable and now I get how it works.

Thank you to all for your answers and help. I will submit her for a couple youth hunts and submit myself for a general hunt. If I get drawn and she doesn't, she can have my tag and if we both don't get drawn I will be on the look out for leftover tags.

Does anybody know the time when fall draw opens? I know it closes the second week of June but not when it opens. Thank you.

Nathan

Go to G&F we site, sign both of you up for a portal acct and sugn up for email notifications. They'll send out an email when he online app is available. Should be avail bout the beginning of may. I beleive u can submit paper apps as soon as the regs are available.

• Like 1

Definitely go do the hunters Ed course, for yourself as well. The extra bonus point is worth it. Then do the youth deer and elk camp that Dave is going to tell you about. We will be there again this year. My daughter got an elk last year and hopefully my son will this year. The deer hunt is the same time as the elk, good times for sure.

I have been on the hunt for hunters ed course field day that works with my schedule but have been unsuccessful so far. They sure fill up quickly. Yes, the bonus point is a nice add on to have. I will attend one of the youth hunt camps with my daughter if she gets lucky enough to be drawn based on all the advice I have received here and in PM's.

All in all I'm looking forward to this year. I have been working her on the range and will continue to build her skills. She listens well and is already shooting better than I ever expected. So far she has demonstrated she can hold 1 MOA 5 round shot groups at 100 yd consistently, but when I stretched her out to 400 yd she learned real quick that she has a lot to learn about wind calls with a 75 gr .223. Granted, that is before buck fever sets in, but if I can reinforce muscle memory and SOP for taking the shot when the time comes she will be set up for success.

Thanks to all for the advice and PM's. I really do appreciate it.

Nathan