firstcoueswas80

Elk paper targets

So, with my wife and I drawing rifle bull tags, I'd like to find a target for her to shoot at, to make it fun. Something that's close to life size as possible with a silhouette of a bowl so I can get her trained on where to put the bullet. I have browsed eBay a little bit and found a couple of options but still nothing to write home about. Is anybody have any ideas?

You could probably find some of those paper archery targets i would imagine. They are usually undersized but would probably be closest to what you're looking for

• Like 1

You could probably find some of those paper archery targets i would imagine. They are usually undersized but would probably be closest to what you're looking for

Yeah found a bunch of them, but they're really really small to shoot at 400-600.

The ones I use are Champion Xray Targets. They show bone structure and vitals. If you set them at 100 yards they are suppose to represent the size of an elk at 200 yards. So if you set them at 200 I would imagine the target size would be close to an elk at 400. It says they are discontinued but I found some here: http://www.luckygunner.com/targets-xray-elk-45904-champion-6-pack

Practice small, then it will be easier when there life size, vitals will always be in the same place.

I like to use coyote targets. for basically the same reason as above, small target doesn't need to be as far. Of course they are not the same anatomy as an elk, but close enough to get the right muscle and eye memory. Much easier to set up too and readily available at all the stores.

Take a any of the above targets and have Kinkos blow them up to scale(math required). Judging by your previous shooting posts, you should be able to stretch them between two pieces of rebar with some tape. Throw some 1/2" schedule 40 as a sleeve over the rebar. Throw the set-up at your distance of choice. You can customize them with a magic marker for vitals. This is all based on the assumption that you have a place to shoot those distances away from the range in "your spot".

I get the aim small, miss small, but I want her shooting at an elk so the muscle memory of where to put the bulet (BEHIND) the shoulder.

I asked a sign shop if I could take a pic of a deer to make my own picture decoy, she say they could. It was Apache signs in SV.