Sign in to follow this  
LovinthehuntAz

Unit24a elk October hunt

I live in unit and know where to find the elk ! I know it's a tougher hunt just was wanted to hear some other people's experience on this second hunt in the unit thanks a lot for any feed back

Good luck. Catch them on the right side of the fence!! There are some good bulls in there. My uncle took a 320 bull in there a couple years ago. And his buddy's grandson took a 350 5 point the year before he did. I grew up there also. I was seeing elk in there before they even had a hunt there.

Ya there has been elk in the unit for many years! Did your family members have the second hunt also ?! Starts in October! ?

Last yr all the hunts were very tough, I only know of 1 bull that was killed out of both hunts. The prior 2 yrs were pretty good.

My wife's grandpa has the first hunt and I will be helping him as much as possible. He's 80 yrs old, so not sure what his game plan will be.

I tried to get my daughter one of the tags but was unsuccessful. According to the Go Hunt odds the first hunt takes 10 or 11 pts to draw. Thats a lot of points to waste on this hunt as there are no guarantees there are elk in the unit. There have been some really good bulls killed in the unit though.

Yes I know it's gonna take some work but we'll see ! I've called bulls in early September in the unit ! They also drew the tags with no points first timers !

• Like 1