Sign in to follow this  
twigsnapper

Good price for Kodiak 8 man Flexbow $499?

Just curious what you guys think is good price? They are $499 on their website, wasn't sure if anyone has the cheaper, thinking about pulling trigger....also any advantage to the springbar vs kodiak?

Thanks

Andy

I have both and to be honest springbar is better built. They both go up the same and to be honest you can't go wrong with either one...

I've been researching these same questions. I'm going with this model for the extra ventilation. http://www.competitiveedgeproducts.com/Super-Deluxe-Kodiak-Canvas-Tent-6041VX-10x14-with-tarp-6043_p_23.html

Near as I can tell, the advantage to Springbar is the backing of a domestic company with a history of good service. Their cheaper tents are made in China just like the Kodiak. If you spend a few hundred more you can get a handmade domestic Springbar...I'm just not ready to drop that much yet. Also, Springbar doesn't offer the side ventilation I'm looking for in their basic models.

I bought the 10 x 10 Kodiak from Competitive Edge, love it. Both great tents, it came down to price for me.

I've owned both the springbar Highline 10x14 and the kodiak canvas 10x14 and I now sell both. The problem with the springbar is their floor is only 9.5oz vinyl and it gets holes easily. I ended up selling it to buy the kodiak canvas. The kodiak canvas is the same as the springbar but the kodiak's floor is 16oz vinyl (much stronger). These are both made overseas. If you have the money, buy the American made springbar ( hand made to order), if you don't, buy the kodiak. You will be happy with both.

Twig - if you're looking at the std 10x14 then $500 is what you can find them for 365 days / year. Nothing special about that price....you can find it cheaper a cpl times a year when internet specials run.

I don't see the 8 man on there website for that price, unless you got a promo email or something

I don't either, but it was $499 last night. Sounds like that is standard deal online though...

Got my 10'x14' Kodiak deluxe model with plastic ground tarp from Competitiveedgeproducts.com shipped for just under $500. This was 4-5yrs ago around Thanksgiving time they usually go on sale. Good luck! Love mine!

Love my kodiak tent. I bought my 10x14 deluxe maybe about 2 years ago and I love it!

Got my 10'x14' Kodiak deluxe model with plastic ground tarp from Competitiveedgeproducts.com shipped for just under $500. This was 4-5yrs ago around Thanksgiving time they usually go on sale. Good luck! Love mine!

That's where I bought mine from last year. I have the basic 10x14 (8person) tent and I like it. Yes it's worth it for 499, and it comes with a ground tarp if you buy from competitive edge.

The one your looking at isn't the Deluxe, I'm not sure if that matters to you or not, but I don't think it's a great deal. Cabelas has the Deluxe for $499 last month, maybe they will have it on sale again soon