couesaholic65

Female Bobcat ready for taxidermy FOR SALE

Are you sure this is legal? Not sure if vehicular slaughter is a legal method of take..........

haha, i actually saw the Border patrol Truck attempt to slow down , ran her down right in front of me.... I waited a minute or two until she expired and tossed her in the truck and continued the day archery hunting..

• Like 1

Are you sure this is legal? Not sure if vehicular slaughter is a legal method of take..........

Nothing against picking up roadkill in az.
Actually, I spoke with an AZGFD warden just yesterday about picking up a small game road kill (nothing to do with this post). The answer was, while there is a bit of gray area, no it is not legal to pick up since it is "not a legal method of take".

Here is the word for word response I received:

"By letter of the law no. A motor vehicle isn't a lawful method of take. We do allow individuals who find old (sun bleached with no meat or flesh) carcasses to keep them so there is some grey area for sure."

Here is the word for word response I received:

"By letter of the law no. A motor vehicle isn't a lawful method of take. We do allow individuals who find old (sun bleached with no meat or flesh) carcasses to keep them so there is some grey area for sure."

According to a game warden. Show me a law in the books that says I can't pick up a bobcat dead on the side of the road and I'll believe it. Salvage tags and such are only intended for big game animals.

Doesn't a bobcat need a CITES tag to do anything with it?

I believe but could be wrong that it only needs a cites tag if it is going to be sent across state lines. If someone buys it to mount it and keep it in az I think they are ok.
  • Like 1

Here you go guys.........

A.R.S.§ 17-371(E) states, "heads, horns, antlers, hides, feet, or skin of wildlife lawfully taken, or the treated and mounted specimens thereof, may be possessed, sold and transported at any time..." Wildlife hit by a motor vehicle is not considered to be lawfully taken, with the except of big game meat as prescribed under A.R.S.§ 17-319. This restriction is necessary to protect Arizona’s wildlife resources and any change related to it would create a loophole for an individual to possess the parts of wildlife without the necessary evidence of legality (license, tag, seasons, etc). Please keep in mind that in nature, little is ever wasted and there are a host of animals that survive by recycling other animals that have died in the wild or on the roadway.

• Like 2