Lv2hnt

A GREAT video ...

This is why Arizona Elk Society's Hunts for Heroes program does what it does for disabled vets here in our state ...

• Like 10

Thanks for sharing!! Awesome video!

Thank you for sharing, great video.

A big thanks for what you do.

Thank you for sharing!!! That was emotional to watch!!! We take so much for granted in our lives now a days that was very humbling to say the least!!

Can you think of a real bad day in your life? For me it was an antelope hunt in New Mexico. I had my goat on a pack frame and was heading for Camp as the sun was going down. My left foot stepped on the opening of a burrow hidden in the grass, my leg fel in up to the knee and the impact shattered the ankle. I was hunting alone and there was no cell phone coverage. I splinted my ankle, butchered the antelope the best I could, reloaded my pack and started crawling. I was still over a mile from camp with several deep ravines in my path. When I got to camp and started loading the ATV would not start and I had to unhook the truck from the trailer to drag it on. Finally had drove myself out. A surgery that had only about a 3% chance of success and months of therapy got me walking again. Once I was able to walk with a cane a friend took me duck hunting. I limped down to the side of Roosevelt Lake with my shotgun and sat under a tree. I didn't get any ducks but it was one of the best days I had in a long time. These veterans have been through far worse than what I experienced. Let's do what we can to give them the same opportunity my friend gave me.