brian390

1st and 2nd season turkey hunters

Good luck to all of the first season turkey hunters starting tomorrow. I will be hunting the first season this year, and helping others on their second season hunts. It's looking like we might get some wind the first couple of days, but Sunday is looking better. I will post how my hunts go, and don't forget to do the same.

The wind is ridiculous in 1 and 27 right now. Supposed to be rough through Saturday. Good luck

Luckily my buddy's girlfriends birthday is this weekend. So we are taking off Sunday and hunting through Wednesday. Should be great. We will have it mostly to ourselves.

• Like 3

Heading up to 4A in the morning. I didn't get drawn so I volunteered to help a veteran who received a tag through Hunts For Heroes. I think I am more excited about hopefully seeing him get a bird than I would be about getting a bird myself.

• Like 3

I'll be heading out into unit 8 after a nap. This will be my 1st turkey hunt. I'll be chillin in a blind for the first couple of days.

Good luck to everybody

• Like 1

Heading up north today (23) after my son gets out of school...looking forward to the wind...lol :huh:

I have the second hunt so I'll just be sitting back this weekend.

Don't worry, we will save some bad weather for you. :lol:

• Like 3

I was out this morning and got my first gobbles at about 5:20am. They gobbled about eight times between the two of them then stopped. I believe that we got the same two gobbling from 8am to 9am, and then they stopped again at 9am. The wind is making the hunting tough right now.