Sign in to follow this  
Couestracker

Completed 3rd turkey hunt this month

Had a successful hunt on San Carlos, didn't fill a tag on mentoring on the Coclcord Ridge NWTF youth hunt in unit 23, but we still considered successful, and just wrapped up helping my brother and some friends on a unit 8 turkey hunt. We found some roosted, but they zigged and we zagged, game over. Only saw 1 turkey in 3 days. We had a lot of fun though!

This was my first time in unit 8, awesome country for sure, but surprised to only see 1 turkey.

I'll get to explore here more this summer, as we're having our family reunion at or near White Horse Lake.

post-736-0-56033400-1493615096_thumb.jpg

post-736-0-84085600-1493615209_thumb.jpg

post-736-0-67521300-1493615290_thumb.jpg

post-736-0-17675300-1493615351_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I saw your camp in the pick. I have yet to see or hear a turkey up there, but because of vehicle issues I really haven't had a chance at it since Friday. I'll be back at it tomorrow.

• Like 1

Nice looking camp!

I got schooled on my San Carlos hunt, worked a lot of birds but something always happened to the turkey's advantage, oh well.

I'm getting ready to head to Missouri on my fourth hunt this spring. Time for the daughter to complete her Royal (I hope).

Gotta love this time of year!!

• Like 2

Nice looking camp!

I got schooled on my San Carlos hunt, worked a lot of birds but something always happened to the turkey's advantage, oh well.

I'm getting ready to head to Missouri on my fourth hunt this spring. Time for the daughter to complete her Royal (I hope).

Gotta love this time of year!!

So. Frickin'. Jealous!

• Like 1