Sign in to follow this  
elkaholic

Helpful Hint

This for all those times you forgot or even lost your Hunting/Fishing License or just want to have a backup license

Take a picture of it on your phone !.

That way if it gets lost in the field or misplaced or forgotten at home - or what ever reason - you have a copy with you

I can't see where this wouldn't be accepted by any normal Warden / Game and Fish Officer in the field !

It is proof you have a license - most hunters carry a phone everywhere anyway- theses days

What's your thoughts ?

I've used this method to send documents before as I don't have a scanner / fax machine at home .

most States specify you must carry a license with you in the field

• Like 3

I have started carrying copies of all my hunting buddies licenses when we go to the field. Inevitably someone forgets it or can't find it. Sign the copy I have in my wallet, and you are good to go...

• Like 2

Ol geezer at Walmart selling me the license, suggested it.

• Like 1

I do the same thing. I purchase mine online, then digitally sign it through a PDF program, and email it to myself. Now only if could remember my OTC tags every time I left the house...

• Like 1

Buy online and print multiples. Have the girls at work laminate them for me. Then put one in truck console,wallet, back pack..... packaging tape is a poor mans laminator in a pinch as well to keep them from falling apart in your wallet. You just need to keep one virgin for all the dang stamps you have to buy each year..

• Like 2

In the era of tech, GnF must have the abilities to pull your name and license data real time and see your proof.

Yes, rule says must have tag with you however it happens and we lose them. This should be addressed as a non violation ie loss of animal or revokation. A small fine ie $25.00 that says you are a dumb butt for the day.

• Like 1

In the era of tech, GnF must have the abilities to pull your name and license data real time and see your proof.

Yes, rule says must have tag with you however it happens and we lose them. This should be addressed as a non violation ie loss of animal or revokation. A small fine ie $25.00 that says you are a dumb butt for the day.

Unlike a license, a tag is one and your done. You must have it with you and must use it immediately to prevent multiple animals on the same tag.

We've had multiple Wildlife Managers come to talk at our Hunter Ed classes in Flagstaff and they all say the same thing: take a picture of your signed license or download a copy to show you have one in case you forget it.  They will accept it.  I have pictures of all four of our hunting/fishing licenses on my phone and I've sent those pics to all three of my family members.

And, no, it won't work for your tags for the reason specified above.  Tag has to be on you and a lost one can be replaced at any AGFD office after filling out an affidavit.

48 minutes ago, IA Born said:

Tag has to be on you and a lost one can be replaced at any AGFD office after filling out an affidavit.

Lost tag can be replaced at any license dealer.  Doesn't have to be a Department Office.  Each dealer should have a book for duplicates in which you sign the affidavit.  It works for lost non-permit tags as well as draw tags--though sometimes the teenager working the counter doesn't realize that.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2017 at 6:23 AM, oneshot said:

We all know that person...mainly because they have zero woodsmanship/skills, zero muzzle awareness and are always lost...

But they are the yearly winner of "Best Dressed in Camp"...

#KUIUNATION

18 hours ago, 1uglydude said:

Lost tag can be replaced at any license dealer.  Doesn't have to be a Department Office.  Each dealer should have a book for duplicates in which you sign the affidavit.  It works for lost non-permit tags as well as draw tags--though sometimes the teenager working the counter doesn't realize that.

I always forget about that because I never buy licenses/tags anywhere else.  Thanks for clarifying, ugly dude!