Sign in to follow this  
apache12

Swift Scirocco bullets accuracy

I'm thinking of trying these in a 257. I've heard they perform well on game but I've also heard people have had trouble with accuracy and getting them dialed in

The shot ok in my 25/06 but the accubond shot awesome and worked very well on two cow elk and a buck.I never tried working up a load after seeing how well the accubond shot but they (swift) shot around an inch in my gun.

They shot 3/4 moa from my 257 wby mark v, which isn't horrible I guess but the rifle will sub 1/2 moa with factory 115 nosler ballistic tips. I've done very well with the Scirocco in 243 270wsm and 30-06 AI.

The old factory Remington w. 180 Scirocco would not shoot well in my .300RUM. They killed my last elk back in 1999 though.

The 130 Sciroccos shot equal to the 130 Bergers in my 6.5WSM. The 180 Sciroccos were on par with the 180 Accubonds in my 300WSM.

• Like 1

For the price of .257 cal bullets it looks like you can find accubonds and bergers for $.10/bullet cheaper with better quantified results for accuracy and terminal performance.

6.5 130 gns shot great out of my .264 win mag. Killed a PILE of animals. Always pass throughs, even through elk shoulders. Loved them. Expensive though

I really like the berger 115gr in my 257 weatherby. The rifle is stock accept for a timney trigger and redfield 3x9x40 scope.

Sub-moa from a basic vanguard and they performed well on my cow elk a couple years ago at +/- 275 yards.

The picture is 3 rounds at 500 yards with a basic 3x9 scope. The bullet strikes are at 1", 2", and 4.75" on the tape.

post-592-0-06641500-1494473254_thumb.jpg

150's shot extremely well out of my 7mm STW. Killed probably 40-50 critters with them and they perform awesome. Twice the bullet as an accubond in my opinion if you can get them to shoot out of your gun, use them.

They shot well out of my 25-06. No issues with consistancy.never shot anything other than coyotes with it as other guns usually were taken on big game hunts. However, the 110 gr accubond shot better (1/2moa) and I have 100 % confidance in the Nosler Accubond so thats what I went with. Loaded up 300 rounds, figured out my drops out to 700 and put it away. This post actually has me thinking about breaking it out....