Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

First trip with the new tent

I'm looking at getting a good tent for taking the wife and kid out. Is kodiak the way to go for quality and ease of setup? Also is it worth it to get the delux over the basic model?

One thing I wished it had this weekend were the side vents of the VX model. The wind was out of the south and I had it set up facing east/west so little to no breeze in the tent.

It looks like the only different between the base and deluxe models is one additional door in the front and rear. I set it up by myself in about 15-20 minutes. The tent without the poles is probably 45-50 pounds.

Not sure if the bigger ones are more difficult, but I can put mine up by myself in less than 10 minutes. Very easy once you get the process down.

The side vents are nice, but I am not sure they do anything for cooling. It was pretty warm in mine during the day. I have the deluxe model with all the doors and that part I do like. More options for setting up.

• Like 1

Mine held up great over the December coues hunt. We got hit with winds up to 50 mph and still flexed and held together. Any other tent would have turned into a death trap.

I love my 10x14. It is a great tent. I have the model with the top vents, but I really wish I had the model with the bid side windows. That would be nice when it is hotter out.

I spent a night in it during the December elk hunts last year and it was not bad at all with a tent heater. It was probably in the teens outside, and the buddy heater on high kept it more than manageable in the tent.

• Like 1

I have the hose to hook it up to a bbq propane tank and that is awesome. No more waking up to change green cylinders in the middle of the night.

• Like 1