Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Camp fire blanket

Seen these at the ise expo. It was kinda neat but I can't see how it would make sense to purchase one, especially at that price point.

Seen these at the ise expo. It was kinda neat but I can't see how it would make sense to purchase one, especially at that price point.

A $50 welding blanket would probably work as well for the one or two times it will ever get used.

Go redneck like we did. About 1/3 of a 55 gallon drum, top cut off and flared to sit over the cut drum. Handles welded on the lid. Holes in bottom of ring to allow air in, you can even put dampeners on them like a weber grill. Then when it is bedtime or the wind comes up, throw the lid on and turn dampeners down. Still have coals in the morning.

• Like 2

Go redneck like we did. About 1/3 of a 55 gallon drum, top cut off and flared to sit over the cut drum. Handles welded on the lid. Holes in bottom of ring to allow air in, you can even put dampeners on them like a weber grill. Then when it is bedtime or the wind comes up, throw the lid on and turn dampeners down. Still have coals in the morning.

I am sure Mr. Foxworthy would be quite impressed.
  • Like 1

Not a horrible idea, but the people who actually would get the most use out of something like this (the ones WITHOUT a truck/camper full of provisions nearby) aren't going to have the room or weight in their pack for something like this.

Now they should leave one at every camp spot so people can thru them over there unexstingushed fires when they leave so they don't burn our forest down

Now they should leave one at every camp spot so people can thru them over there unexstingushed fires when they leave so they don't burn our forest down

That would be a nice gesture but the kind of people who leave some trash in the smoldering fire pit would probably just steal it. I had some hunters on a spring turkey hunt leave a bunch of stuff in a hot fire pit a few years ago, 15 feet from a creek full of water.

• Like 1

A biddy of mine owns the company and it is a pretty cool product. i will see if I can get the code for $100 off if anybody is interested. It worked great this spring on the rain.

Piece of pitch with some sap hanging out, piece of toilet paper and some coals left over from the night before is how we've always done it.

No offense to your buddy but just seems way to expensive for it's purpose.

A good old AZ burn barrel made from a washing machine or dryer tub with a steel cover will work better, cost much less, provide a cooking surface and a heat radiator. I bet mine doesn't weigh much more to boot. As an emergency "put that fire out now" tool it might be the ticket. Maybe if the blanket was offered alone without the additional items any camper should already have it could be offered as a fire fighting tool. The glow in the dark tent stakes would be nice though.

post-4523-0-70537800-1496970988_thumb.jpg