Sign in to follow this  
azpredator@work

cabelas pellet grill

Do any of you have one? I'm heading down to the valley in a couple weeks and this is on my list of items to purchase, but would like to hear from anyone who has first hand experience with one. I like the idea of cabelas' lifetime warranty, but I live 4 hrs away and would hate to make an annual trip to phoenix to replace a grill....Any comments from the pellet grill crew would be appreciated.

I have had one for about a month now. Love it so far. It can bake, smoke and grill to a certain extent all with a nice smoky flavor. I actually just did some vegetables and chicken breasts tonight and my wife told me to stop grilling them on my old grill as these came out great. I am still learning the nuances of it but love it so far. My only negative is that it sees to go through pellets a little quick but that has been for my long smokes. I believe is the exact grill made by Camp Chef but just rebadged with a Cabela's label with a much better warranty. If you are serious about buying one, make sure they have it in stock or order it online and have it delivered to the store. I made a trip there and they said they were sold out but luckily they had just received a shipment that day so they appear to be popular.

I have a Traeger and it is easily the best purchase I have made in years. Don't know the specifics on the Cabelas brand, but I will never own another type of grill. Pellet is the way to go.

Traeger here as well. Pellet grills might be the best thing invented in the the last little while concerning cooking. It is ALMOST impossible to burn something or get a flame up. I meal prep quite a bit and can throw on 10 chicken thighs and 10 drumsticks and not have to worry about the grill catching fire. I love it.

I won't buy a Cabela's smoker...POS.

I don't know about their pellet grills.

I have the Green Mountain Grill and like it. It's like the Traeger. I got it at Sportsmens Warehouse on sale.

Cabelas brand is out of stock at store and its on backorder online

They told me there were 2 in stock and backordered throughout the country. I sent my niece in to buy one last night and she got the last one. Not sure about the larger model. I got the smaller version.

• Like 1

I have the Louisiana Grills version and I love it. Not sure about the Cabela's but it's similar. With the LG I can sear steaks on the sear zone at 600 degrees unlike the Traeger but unsure of the Cabela's brand. Hope you like it, they turn out some great meat products.