Sign in to follow this  
elkhunter

What sunglasses do you wear?

On the market for new pair of sunglasses. I wear sunglasses 95% of the time I'm outside. I've used Smith, Oakley and Ray Bans (back then when they were good). Will be looking at Costa, Smith, Maui Jim and Native brand this weekend. Costa and Smith seems to be the most interesting with their lifetime warranty.

What do you wear and why? Recommendations?

I had a pair of Smith Action Optics for 20 years then my buddy stepped on them with his 350 pounds on an Alaska trip. I got another pair and still good as new. I fish so need the polarized lens. I always buy the glass amber lens and really like them. Never scratch and the glass is not that heavy.

When I'm fishing local lakes or out bird hunting, blue lens Costa 580G

When I'm not on the lake, anything that's in the console of my truck.

The ones that those guys from that one podcast wear... yeah, those ones.

As previously mentioned, spend the extra dough on glass lenses- the scratch resistance quality is worth it.

Costa because I have a small head and they fit well but I only use them when I fish in the gulf as I wear prescription glasses.

YUM.......Polarized in the fishing section at WM.... they cost $5.00, but they are hard to find sometimes.

By brother has Native that have replacable lenses.... they are pretty nice and have low light lenses that give you a better look at dawn and dusk!

• Like 1

Maui Jim exclusively for 20 years. They are the only ones I can wear all day and not get a screaming headache that I have found so far.

• Like 1

I drive a tractor-trailer for a living and have been wearing native for many years. I really like them. I try to find them in the close out section at REI and save a few bucks.

Maui Jim for driving and Oakley Gas cans for everyday work. The gas cans offer a lot of eye protection from all sides and are pretty much indestructable.