Sign in to follow this  
elkhunter

What sunglasses do you wear?

+1 on the gas can also have a pair of Madson that I wear. I like glasses with lots of lense because I hate seeing the frame in my periphery. The Madsons are definitely more prone to scratch than the Oakley's.

I wear OP's whenever I can find them. Otherwise the nameless ones I bought at the swap meet, (2 for $5) a year ago been working fine.

3M saftey glasses that they used to sell at Home Depot. Bought all they had when they were discontinuing them. I'm on the last pair now.

• Like 1

I've found a lot that Oakleys are super face type sensitive. I can't wear the Gascans, don't have a square enough face. I like the monster dogs.

Steroflex. First pair of sunglasses I've ever owned in my life, prescription from lenses crafters. I bought cheap since I didn't know if I'd like them. I wear them daily and honestly don't know what my next pair will be but if the fit my face and I can see thru them, I'm sold! Buy what feels good, not what looks good, unless you care about being pretty?

I used to be a die hard Oakley guy, but then discovered Smith when I started working in wildfire management. I get a pro deal on Smiths and its hard to beat that price. Outside of the prodeal pricing, I love my Smith Parallels. They have the interchangeable lenses, so you can switch from grey polarized, brown polarized, amber or yellow for low light, and clear for safety. They are light weight and fit great and the clarity far surpasses the polarized Oakleys I used to wear.

If you can figure out how to qualify through Experticity (formerly promotive), I can send you an invite and you can get killer prodeals on Costa, Native, Smith, Revo, Bolle, Spy, Wiley X, ESS, Otis, Gargoyle, and a few other top quality sunglass brands.

3M saftey glasses that they used to sell at Home Depot. Bought all they had when they were discontinuing them. I'm on the last pair now.

I must have 6 pairs of these, love em.

Maybe same ones I have...my buddy gave me a pair from his work crew. I love them and will be getting more...

Maybe same ones I have...my buddy gave me a pair from his work crew. I love them and will be getting more...

Moon dawgs?

I am on my second pair of Natives. I really like the interchangeable lens. That said I looked through a pair of Maui Jims with the HD lens and was blown away. The sharpest lens I have ever seen.

I really like the Smiths, especially their polarized brown lenses. They seem to gather and brighten your site picture in low light and tame it in bright AZ sun. They perform great on the water too. This is my current pair but I have owned several over the years: www.sierratradingpost.com/polarized-sunglasses~d~181/smith-optics~b~1950/