jjwilli1

Small Mouth Fishing on the Black River

I fished the pump station last summer it sucked for smallmouth, caught maybe 8 or 10 small ones, we actually caught more trout than smallmouth

Was there last weekend fishing was great saw lots of bears.

Great pics, looks like the small mouth are starting to get some girth to them, they look healthy!

I fished the pump station last summer it sucked for smallmouth, caught maybe 8 or 10 small ones, we actually caught more trout than smallmouth

I went twice this year to the pump station area once in April and again in May and I pretty much had the same results as you. I've been going to this area for years and I've never caught as many trout there as I did this year. The craws were few and far between as well this year in that area.

Anyone have any recent reports on smallies on the black river. My uncle wants to make a trip this month.

Anyone have any recent reports on smallies on the black river. My uncle wants to make a trip this month.

I took my 3 boys yesterday. We killed it. Caught fish all day long. A lot of solid ones but nothing real big.

We went 3 weeks ago and killed it then too

• Like 1

I'm planning my first trip to the black after the monsoons slow down. Will be tagging along with some buddies who are regulars. I was hoping to get some gear and tackle recommendations for small mouth and trout fishing. Apparently they target both while on the river. Lite or medium rod? Lures? Or just crawfish on a hook?

All I know of location is the point of pines area, but this could several places.

Thanks!

Im taking some boy scouts up to the black river The 18th and 19th. To try and teach them how to fish. Ive been multiple times to the black river just wondering what the water conditions are like with all this rain? Any updates?

Im taking some boy scouts up to the black river The 18th and 19th. To try and teach them how to fish. Ive been multiple times to the black river just wondering what the water conditions are like with all this rain? Any updates?

My buddy went up 2 weeks ago and said the water level is high and clarity is not that good. Also, roads can be extremely bad this time of year with all the rain so make sure you have a winch.

I'm sure you know but if you time it right with the monsoon storms coming in.. you can hit right before and after a storm when they are most active.

• Like 1