Sign in to follow this  
AZLance

Ozononics scent eliminator

Just wondering if any of you have used the Ozononics scent eliminator either the 200 or 300 model?

Was thinking of purchasing, and wanted some real life stories...

There are a few threads on Iowawhitetail.com about these with reviews all over the place. There are guys that are die hard believers in them and guys that think they are junk. These are all die hard treestand, scent eliminating whitetail hunters, too. I can dig for those threads if you want or you can go and do a search when you get time.

As much as hunters try (and spend lots of $$$ doing so), you cannot beat a deer's nose. It's just impossible. IMO it's all marketing and snake oil. Be mindful of the wind, that's all you can do.

Just my $0.02

Ozone has been found harmful to your respiratory tract and lungs. I wouldn't use it myself.

Uh oh, there is a high ozone alert for phoenix all this week.

• Like 1

Just did a general search on Iowawhitetail and tons of threads came up.

https://www.iowawhitetail.com/forum/search/528309/?q=ozonic&o=date

Wow, those guys are 10xs worse than the worst Coues Whitetailer...

Some of them are for sure. Some of them are good friends of mine, but its fun to sit back and read when this topic comes up...and it does almost every year!

• Like 1

Ozone has been found harmful to your respiratory tract and lungs. I wouldn't use it myself.

Ozone is town is one thing, but sitting in a tiny blind with an ozone machine in your face 14 hours a day, day after day can't be good.

• Like 1

Ozone is town is one thing, but sitting in a tiny blind with an ozone machine in your face 14 hours a day, day after day can't be good.

I do not use blinds...tree stands only, and the directions don't say anything about pointing it at your face, you are supposed to hang on tree above you and point in the direction of the wind.

I've got one that I use for coues hunting in Mexico from a ground blind. When used correctly I believe it offers some significant advantages over nothing or your standard scent spray's. On the same token it's not perfect either. Perhaps the best way to explain it is that it confuses the deer. Most of the time I know it's working when I have a deer down wind that either has no reaction at all or shows the signs of catching my scent. Deer stops, nose up, nostrils flaring. Instead of bolting away they act more curious or cautious. They tend to continue to slowly creep forward or redirect their path to a different part of the water hole. Most of the time as soon as they move through the ozonics scent path they settle back down and seemingly forget and carry on as if nothing happened. On occasion they leave but usually they just move on rather than come unglued and run off flagging and snorting.

For me it's been worth the money. If you have reasonable expectations and use it correctly, they have their merits but they aren't perfect either. The following link is an article I came across before purchasing mine a few years ago. I believe my personal findings and the conclusion in the article are more or less the same.

Good luck and feel free to ask if you have any questions.

www.fieldandstream.com/articles/hunting/2014/07/does-it-work-ozone-scent-control-vs-drug-sniffing-dog