Non-Typical Solutions

Grand Canyon RV Parking

Have been to the Grand Canyon multiple times but just curios, is there anything keeping me from finding a flat spot off the main highway and parking my camp trailer for three days pre Canyon Park area?

I know there are several dirt roads just prior to the park entrance!!

I'm headed to 9 next week. I camp just a couple miles south of Tusayan in NF. You can fill the water tank at the big gas station on the ne corner of 64/180 in Valle.

Stayed here earlier this year with the family. Nice place and not too expensive. Easy drive into the park or the shuttle picks up right across the street. Walkable to a couple restaurants and the IMAX too.

Yes there is plenty of places. There is a good rv park right outside of park entrance that's not to much.

Do you recall what the name of the RV park is???

The only one I found was the one inside the park??

Thanks!!!

Turn right at the second circle bout and then another quick right. Nice people that run it.

And if you turn east just after first circle bout there is plenty of places on forest land. And you can shower at rv park for 10 min @ $2.00

For those that are unaware there are facilities for showering at the Flintstone City campground that run off quarters and also the campground by the roundabout in Tusyan will let you use their showers for a couple of dollars.......