Sign in to follow this  
n2horns

Safe movers / Any one upgrading safes?

Looking to move a safe across the valley, no need for house install. Anyone have any suggestions?

If someone is looking to upgrade a safe and wanting to get rid of their own, let me know.

Safe going from Phoenix/Tempe area to East Valley

Oh boy I just moved mine, about busted both nuts in the process.

• Like 1

I think i am going to have to move mine soon too. 1000lbs of no fun.

They are really not that hard to move with a couple friends and a good heavy duty appliance dolly. I used to move them for side cash when I worked at the az sportsman back in the day.

I rented my dolly for the last move from home depot. It was marginal for a 1000lb safe but would have been fine for most of the 500-800lb variety. I am going to try and find the burly style like I had back in the day to move mine this time though. The heavy duty modes have the 2nd set of wheels that kick back to stabilize the load, and have ratchet binders.

A-Z equipment rental has some stuff to move safes. Drop deck trailers and even safe dollies. Looked at it recently a seemed like it would be incredibly easy to do with that stuff.

Mine weighs about 750 lbs and I was able to move it with the use of a basic four wheel flat furniture dolly and a couple of buddies. The heavy part is really getting it in and out of the truck. Of course everything becomes a lot more difficult if you have to go up stairs. How much does yours weigh? I work in the Tempe/Phoenix area (by ASU) and live pretty close to you in the easy valley. I'd be happy to come lend a hand after work one evening.

Ya I used a furniture dolly as well. I used the horse trailer so it was nice and low and easy to get in and out. Hardest part was getting in the doorway step. I made a ramp with 2x4 and plywood.

I wish houses have bigger doorways lol. Safe is about 900 lbs and maybe a few rentals items and will get it done.

Right now the hard part is to get the new safe (used) deal done. At last resort, I'll drop in garage and deal with it later.

I have a bobcat with forks and trailer. Load transport and unload. Im in north phx. , but can travel. Pm if interested.

Got a hold of http://www.azlibertysafe.com, to do the move. They are fair priced and will get it into the house. Thanks all.

Andrew

• Like 1