Sign in to follow this  
Red Rabbit

7W Fire

Screwed up my plans.. This is going to be fun.

I guess the road hunting everywhere else around there is going to be even worse than usual. If that's even possible. I quit hunting in 7E because it was almost bumper to bumper traffic at 4 mph.. With bows in hand..

Actually got a letter in the mail notifying me of the Closure due to the fire. Was up scouting last weekend and plenty of people clearly didn't get the message or didn't care.

The closure is a joke. There is minimal flooding near Pumpkin Center and on the northeast side. Nothing compared to other fires I've seen. The majority of it looks like any other controlled burn that's done

• Like 1

Actually got a letter in the mail notifying me of the Closure due to the fire. Was up scouting last weekend and plenty of people clearly didn't get the message or didn't care.

I tried to send you a message but your message box is full

How does Kendrick look now? Did the fire clear out the dead fall? I know the herd up there well, couple really big bulls live on Kendrick. Hope they fared OK and stick around.

How does Kendrick look now? Did the fire clear out the dead fall? I know the herd up there well, couple really big bulls live on Kendrick. Hope they fared OK and stick around.

Looks great from the glass. Illegal to go anywhere near it. Forest Closure due to Boundary Fire. Probably won't stop most people who don't give a crap about the rules anyways. Knowing my luck and the way that Murphy SOB follows me around, the one Forest cop in the West would be waiting for me at the truck to write me a ticket if I even thought about farting upwind of the Closure, nevermind hiking into the area to hunt.

I was just on Google Earth while "working" and the imagery around Kendrick Mountain is updated to 6/12/2017. You can see the smoke on the north side of Kendrick, as well as over by the 180. Pretty interesting to see from that perspective,

G&F is an absolute joke. That area has hardly any service so a lot of people won't know. To post this the night before is bogus.

The AZGFD has zero say into the USFS closures, they do get to put in their 2 cents but ultimately its the USFS call it is federal land after all.

• Like 1

G&F is an absolute joke. That area has hardly any service so a lot of people won't know. To post this the night before is bogus.

The AZGFD has zero say into the USFS closures, they do get to put in their 2 cents but ultimately its the USFS call it is federal land after all.

The USFS is even worse.