Sign in to follow this  
firstcoueswas80

Hunters Ed Classes

My daughter has been on me for a while about getting her through hunters ed, she says she wants to hunt. Wouldn't hurt to get my wife through the course to up her BP's. This is my first time even contemplating hunters ed since the 20 years ago that I took it. (Ouch that hurt to say!)

Any guidance or idea when classes are? We are in Tucson so something around here would be nice. We can travel for the field day though if need be.

• Like 1

You need to literally check on line everyday! And don't be afraid to go far for the field day. I know if the Phx area they can fill up that very day when its posted. I almost had to go to Safford to make it in time for the bonus point and I was suppose to go to Wyoming that year.

• Like 1

I'm coming up on 50 and finally got around to doing it earlier this year. Yea, I know, slacker. Surprisingly, I was not the oldest person there, does that make a little of the pain go away? I live in Chandler and ended up driving to the range in Catalina for a class. Make sure the online test is completed and take the certificate of completion along to the field day. I believe the certificate expires 3 months from the time it is issued. If you do not complete the field day before it expires you have to re-take the online portion and obtain a new certificate.

Youth Outdoors Unlimited has a hunter Ed camp the first weekend in Aug near Happy Jack. Fun time and get it all done at once. They'll usually let adults sit through it and take the test too...just might not get a card that day and have to send it in to AZGFD depending on how many kids are there.

• Like 4

Took my boy to the youth outdoors unlimited. Great time. They had adults doing it as well. Highly recommend it.

• Like 1

My daughter took the online course. She did all of the reading and we did the practice test together so she was not afraid. She ended up paying the test without any problems online then she had the field day and day of paper test. When she finished the online portion they sent her a card to register for a class that did not show up on line. Was not available on the web site. Mother and daughter together sounds like they will have a great time learning together!

located in Tempe and we had ours last year in January, in San Tan Valley...but my opinion if you can do the classroom

It’s better for the kids...

• Like 1

Youth Outdoors Unlimited has a hunter Ed camp the first weekend in Aug near Happy Jack. Fun time and get it all done at once. They'll usually let adults sit through it and take the test too...just might not get a card that day and have to send it in to AZGFD depending on how many kids are there.

Took the recommendation and signed up my 9 year old for this.

Is there a cost? I don't see that noted anywhere on the application.

Thx

Nope. They serve you meals as well. I took my boy through it. Great time.

• Like 1

My daughter has been on me for a while about getting her through hunters ed, she says she wants to hunt. Wouldn't hurt to get my wife through the course to up her BP's. This is my first time even contemplating hunters ed since the 20 years ago that I took it. (Ouch that hurt to say).

Pffft

Year I took it, Viet Nam, Nixon reelected, The Doors called it quits. Had to keep our atlatls pointed in a safe direction...

• Like 5