Sign in to follow this  
AZ420

12V Solar Panel with Moultrie Cams

AZ420- I use the Wildgame Innovations 6 volt solar panels and they work great. I have 6 volt external batteries for my Covert Wireless cameras and they power the 6 volt and 12 internal AA's for months before I have to change them out. I'm sure the ones you are looking at will do the job just fine

So your able to charge a camera that uses 12 AA's for a few months with just a 6V?...I notice they do sell a 6V moultrie solar panel, but it states only compatible to Moultrie cameras purchased before June 2007, my M-100's are from 2012. Might just have to go with the 12V, although I hate to spend the extra $25 per panel if it's not needed.

I have internal AA's batteries and an external 6 volt 12 amp battery. Hooked up to that I have the 6 volt solar panel that is charging the external battery and internal AA's. I can go months without having to check or recharge any batteries. I'm not familiar with Moultrie but maybe call them and see what they recommend

Usually the batteries are wired in series to give you 12 volts. If your game camera uses 8 batteries, 8x1.5 volts =12 volts. 4 batteries, usually the older C and D cell, give you six volts. Just make sure you can hide the solar panels really well and still have them work.

The other option is to have an external 12 volt battery, think emergency exit lights, that the solar charger hooks up to.

I used a sealed lead acid battery on mine once. No solar charger. Just full charged the battery at home. it would last 8-9 months on the single charge. You could get 2 and change them out every 6 months.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-4-5AH-Sealed-Lead-Acid-SLA-Battery-for-APC-UPS-UB1245-/140917767576?hash=item20cf5a7d98:g:XGAAAOSwax5YnLoZ

• Like 1

DesertBull I like the idea of using the 12V battery. It looks like I can attach this cable https://www.amazon.com/Stealth-Cam-Battery-Connection-Cable/dp/B001U7KDYK

to the Moultrie camera. 10 Ft Cable should be compatible with all 12V cameras according to reviews. Then attach that cable to the 12V battery http://www.ebay.com/itm/PACK-OF-2-TWO-12V-4-5AH-VRLA-SLA-Sealed-Lead-Acid-Batteries-with-F1-Connectors-/111341320831?hash=item19ec75ba7f:g:UaUAAOSwwbdWGHNP ...One question is will the 10 Ft cable battery connection fit on the 12V battery?? Looking closely at the pic I think it will connect, but not positive...Also Using this method it appears I won't ever have to install AA batteries being the connection would directly power the camera...

I've got upwards of 10k pics on batteries alone.