Sign in to follow this  
THOR

Idaho Mule Deer Super Hunt Raffle winner

We are 90% of the time Coues hunters but my dad got lucky and won this raffle (holy crap) so why not. Who doesn't love a big old Rocky Mountain Mule Deer!!?? It's going to be a blast and a change of scenery.

This tag lets you hunt any open season in the state of Idaho for 2017.

Just curious if anyone on here has hunted Idaho and if you could have any tag in the state what would it be?

Good luck on the draw here in AZ!!

• Like 5

Any tag, probably Unit 45 November. But 11, 54, 67, 69 would all be good as well.

Lucky SOB, keep us posted on what he does.

• Like 1

My cousins are all up in the Idaho Falls (south eastern Idaho) area and hunt and fish the state about as hard anyone. If you don't get the answers you need, let me know and I'll check with them. They are pretty dialed in.

• Like 3

My cousins are all up in the Idaho Falls (south eastern Idaho) area and hunt and fish the state about as hard anyone. If you don't get the answers you need, let me know and I'll check with them. They are pretty dialed in.

Thank you! We are starting to narrow down the units to start scouting and most of the units are between Idaho Falls and Oregon that we are interested in. Probably stay about that latitude across the state and south to the border, except for going up to check out around Challis.

Them lower hunts can depend on the weather. I grew up in Idaho and always hunted up around Carey. I have seen some monsters come out of there.

• Like 2

The bummer is that many of those hints all happen at the same time, so it makes it difficult to hunt all the best units.

Regardless, that's an exciting adventure, keep us posted.

The bummer is that many of those hints all happen at the same time, so it makes it difficult to hunt all the best units.

Regardless, that's an exciting adventure, keep us posted.

We are going to start in 45 it is open from 10/15-10/31. After that there are many units open that we want to hit around the central and SW part of the state (40-44,36A&B,????). If we haven't killed yet we will hit 54&57 late 11/15-11/31. We are going to stay mobile. We can't wait it's going to be fun. Hopefully not just one and done but not going to complain if a toad steps out
  • Like 1

Awesome! A little jealous! Lol

Of all the big game animals in NA, my Holy Grail kill will always be a monster mule deer!

Good luck!