GRONG

Mr. Mass (aka: The velvet trixter) gets a photo session with smilin Epperson

Congrats on taking such a great buck Josh. To stumble on and harvest a buck of this caliber is great, but to have all the time invested in him that you have is a big bonus. great story and pictures too. Bet you can't wait for that son of yours to be old enough for his first hunt! Do you have a score yet?

Josh.....a big big congrats to you. I'm sure maybe a few of us know how you feel....you get tons of pics and literally learn so much about these animals.....then you harvest them and it almost breaks your heart yet there is so much joy and happiness for being able to harvest such a great animal....Again Congrats!

Congrats Josh!! Great field pics!! That thing is a toad!!!

Derek

Absolutely outstanding........Incredible job stickin' with that buck, like has been said before, you gave that buck all the justice he deserved and then some ;) Happy as heck for ya, congrats. JIM>

Awesome Josh!!! That is so cool that we have been able to watch that buck along with you! And such priceless moments with your son finding that shed and loving your buck! It's a great story! Congratulations!

Amanda

Josh that is just a perfect story. That's awesome man congratulations. Having your boy find that shed as his first shed, man that's just icing on the cake.

Oh and one more thing... What were his mass measurements!!!

Congratulations Josh! Awesome pictures and story. Heck of a season for you this year! The history you have with this buck is very cool!

Ron

Congrats Josh it looks like all your work paid off, awesome Buck.

One of the best histories and coues stories I've heard. That is just great stuff right there. A big congratulations, with a bit of jealousy! Thanks for sharing it all, including the preseason trail cam pics!

You all are more than welcome and I thank you all for all your kind comments. This buck has been extra special because all of you have taken such an interest in all of it.

Casey I'd guess the buck at no more than 5 1/2.

I just ran a quick tape on him after cutting a lot of the meat off the skull so I can get it cleaned up. I'd like to have more time and run a cable on the antlers but I came up with an even 104". My best buck before this one was 102 1/2" that I killed with my bow back in '99. So if that score is close he should be my best out of the 16 I've killed so far!! Boy that was exciting seeing the score because I honestly thought he was gonna be around 100". Which wouldn't be to bad either I guess. I'm pretty sure he was bigger last year and I hope to come across those sheds one of these days but for now I can only wonder what he would've done with a couple more years on him............