Sign in to follow this  
creed

bowtech carbon icon dlx or any light weight bow

After losing much of the use of my left arm through physical therapy and weight lifting I am able to hold my wife's 3.2 lb Diamond edge and pull 52 lbs. without my arm buckling. Only good for about 8-10 arrows before it starts collapsing on me. i was looking at hunting bows and came across the Icon DLX. I don't know squat about Bowtech but it weighs the same and comes in the 50-60lb range.

Anyone own one? Any other recommendations? I have never shot the shorter bows and was curious about long range accuracy too. I don't want to hunt with a crossbow but I am physically unable to hold at arms length a heavy, long ata compound. If I pull the trigger on this bow I am going to use a cat quiver and relieve some of the weight.

I have the Bowtech Carbon Knight I believe its just the older model of this bow its light and shoots good only thing Ive noticed is that Blazer fletchings hit the cables so you have to shoot a lower profile fletch. My dad shoots the icon he likes his bow too decent bows for a decent price.