Sign in to follow this  
MT_Sourdough

my first bear pics

I am in my 4th year of running trailcams and in those 4 years I have had a grand total of zero bears on cam. Now I am working a new area where I have had cams out for a couple of months now. I was expecting to get bear pics where I am running my cams, but for two months, zilch.

Now, today I find 4 bears in 4 dayz on cam. I am so jacked that I decided to share these pics with you

My very first bear on cam

019_zpsyfpygvw4.jpg

036_zpstjvcb6a7.jpgThe other two came in yesterday

228_zpsoabgc753.jpg

I think I am buying a bear tag this year

• Like 4

Great pics. They can be good eating with some unusual recipes. My wife made some with coffee and brown sugar that was awesome.

That last picture reminds me of a question that pops through my head every so often. The regs say you can't shoot a sow with cubs, but nothing about shooting a cub with a sow? Not that I ever would, but still, the pack out would be easy and would probably be a pretty tasty 10lbs of meat.

Great job

That last picture reminds me of a question that pops through my head every so often. The regs say you can't shoot a sow with cubs, but nothing about shooting a cub with a sow? Not that I ever would, but still, the pack out would be easy and would probably be a pretty tasty 10lbs of meat.

I ran into this situation in Idaho. They have the same law. A kid found a young sow with 2 cubs and treesit near a road, not with dogs, just ran the cubs up a tree and mom stuck around guarding the tree.

He was trying to find two other guys with tags so they could first shoot the cubs then he could kill the sow.

When I talked to the game warden about it later, he said he would right that ticket in an instant and believed that it would stand up in court, I am not sure I would want to try and fight that ticket in court. The whole thing made my stomach sick.

• Like 1

I ran into this situation in Idaho. They have the same law. A kid found a young sow with 2 cubs and treesit near a road, not with dogs, just ran the cubs up a tree and mom stuck around guarding the tree.

He was trying to find two other guys with tags so they could first shoot the cubs then he could kill the sow.

When I talked to the game warden about it later, he said he would right that ticket in an instant and believed that it would stand up in court, I am not sure I would want to try and fight that ticket in court. The whole thing made my stomach sick.

The prosecution argument in court in this case could be real simple. The law states you may not shoot a sow with cubs, it does not specify the cubs must be alive. If you kill the cubs she still has cubs, they now just happen to be dead. I expect the sow would be very reluctant to leave her dead cub. If you then kill the sow the argument that you killed a sow with cubs could easily stand in court. The bottom line is that a sow with cubs was killed. The order in which the killing is done does not really change that fact.

People shoot cubs and post their pics on here every year. Just don't get it

• Like 2