Sign in to follow this  
Zeke-BE

Camo KUIU layering

I'm 6'2" and 205 I wear xl in everything.

I hate the "trendy" aspect of Kuiu camo but I love this gear and so I buy almost everything in solid colors.

And yet you are wearing what appears to be a Guide DCS vest in Vias in your avatar photo.... ;)

I really like the Major Brown items, I wish more offerings in it.

Same here love the major brown and wish they had more options... I just got the attack pants in major brown.. I wear a waist 34 and Kuiu are pretty true to fit. If you wear a 34 waist they are going to fit like a 34 waist.Weren't Sitka and Kuiu pretty much founded by the same guy he just lost control of the Sitka company and started Kuiu. One of the reasons you dont see Kuiu for sale in stores is because they dont want to get too big.

Problem is that Im right there above 34!! If there was a 34.5 or 35 it would be great. But dickeys are like 33.5, some care hearts are 34 and fits perfect and my last pair I bought I swear they are like a 33.5 feel to me. Phil how heavy are you and height?

I'm like 5' 9'' and 165... They are a snug 34 if you wear a 34.5 they will be tight in the waist. I have some 34 waist cabelas instinct pants and they fit loose in the waist compared to Kuiu.

I wear their Vias and have some Verde. They make good products and for non camo I use various stretchy / soft shell type of pants and jackets as well as down products, from Kuhl, Prana, Arcteryx, eddie bauer, and ll bean.

Kuiu does run small and I size up. look at ebay, rokslide and other forums for guys that are flipping clothes.

Andrew

• Like 2

I had to send back the Guide DCS Jacket. Fit perfect all around but when you pull your arms forward it starts pinching clothing into my armpit. Got very annoying and this was an Extra Large. Anyone else have that problem. The attack pants are sweet in brown and the Ultra Tib Zip T. I was looking in to the sitka jackets (no arm pit pinching) but hate the Idea spending 120 dollars more for a jacket then a Kuiu. Since I got the attack pants in brown it will match with anything. What do you guys think of First Lite?

Posted this question elsewhere before I saw this thread. Sorry. How does KUIU stand up to Arizona desert use. I am thinking February Javalina in the lower desert with a 30+ degree temperature swing, cat claw, choila, etc.

Where will the KUIU truck be in Phoenix October 19-21? I want to try on their gear as many of the comments indicate this stuff will not work for a man in his 50's who enjoys life.

Posted this question elsewhere before I saw this thread. Sorry. How does KUIU stand up to Arizona desert use. I am thinking February Javalina in the lower desert with a 30+ degree temperature swing, cat claw, choila, etc.

Where will the KUIU truck be in Phoenix October 19-21? I want to try on their gear as many of the comments indicate this stuff will not work for a man in his 50's who enjoys life.

I was out shooting in the desert the past couple of weeks. Larges thorns bedded in.. I talked to another guy who was wearing some and he said cat claw tore them up.

If you mean athletically overweight then no. It's not for you. It is form fitting and an in shape form.

Not form fitting.. Example. Say an xxl jacket. It would fit great on a fit built big dude. If you are 6 foot 240 with a beer gut you won't be able to zip it up.

I wish the guide pant was in solid. Great cold weather pant.

I think I read that Kuiu is releasing the attack pant and guide jacket in solid colors.

• Like 1

I wish the guide pant was in solid. Great cold weather pant.

I think I read that Kuiu is releasing the attack pant and guide jacket in solid colors.

Guide jacket and attack pant have always been in solid colors, They are just adding more options of solid colors. As far as I know the guide pant still isn't being offered in Solid.

• Like 1

Attack pants now available in Major Brown, Phantom, Loden and Camel.

Guide DCS jacket in Black/Phantom, Phantom, Major Brown, and ugly "Moss".

Chinook Jacket added Caribou.