Sign in to follow this  
truehunter

2017 Buffalo House Rock Ranch

"I'm gonna go up and pour a salt line right along the border the entire length, keep it going all year. It's gonna be the "hot line" and I'll take the highest bidder. My expectation is that no one can hunt anywhere by that salt because I kept it up..... on public land. Everyone else can find another place to hunt and can K.M.A."

This is what I love about CWT, you can always count on and expect some mature, intelligent responses to your posts and opinions.

+1 for what DCS said above.

+1 for what tomhaveyb posted above as well.

• Like 2

I don't know if it is true,but I heard 11 out of 12 killed their buffalo on this hunt.

I also heard this. The one hunter who didn't kill? You guessed it! It's the guy who started this thread!!! I'm guessing that 11 out of the 12 hunters who had this last tag would support Russ and his crew if you took a vote and I know after my hunt all 12 were very appreciative of everything and only 6 of us killed. So far in this thread there have been atleast 4-5 hunters who have ACTUALLY hunted up there that were happy about the way things went and 1 (again the OP who was the only one to not kill on the last hunt) who is pissed about the operation. I'd say that's pretty hard evidence that it's as good of a solution as there is for this hunt.

• Like 8

OK no more bitting my tongue on this. I had the June 1-14 hunt. I "read all the stories about this hunt" but went on this trip with an open mind and a desire to kill a buffalo. Let me tell you all Russ and his crew KICK butt. Ill start my own thread about how great this experience was, how great the group of guys I hunted with were, and how great Russ and his crew are. You all can bash, talk trash, get pissed off at each other. But until you have personally been on this hunt don't use the forums stories as your source of information. It is a very unique hunt. You want to kill a buffalo? Get ready to sit and wait till one shows up at salt or water. This is just how it is right now. It may take 1 day, 7 days, or you may go 14 days and not see anything. If thats not for you then buy points until you feel its your time. On a side note to the OP this tag is good for Unit 12A, 12B, 13A. So if you didn't like whats going on in an area by all means go elsewhere and let everyone else who decided to work together get the job done.

• Like 8

OK no more bitting my tongue on this. I had the June 1-14 hunt. I "read all the stories about this hunt" but went on this trip with an open mind and a desire to kill a buffalo. Let me tell you all Russ and his crew KICK butt. Ill start my own thread about how great this experience was, how great the group of guys I hunted with were, and how great Russ and his crew are. You all can bash, talk trash, get pissed off at each other. But until you have personally been on this hunt don't use the forums stories as your source of information. It is a very unique hunt. You want to kill a buffalo? Get ready to sit and wait till one shows up at salt or water. This is just how it is right now. It may take 1 day, 7 days, or you may go 14 days and not see anything. If thats not for you then buy points until you feel its your time. On a side note to the OP this tag is good for Unit 12A, 12B, 13A. So if you didn't like whats going on in an area by all means go elsewhere and let everyone else who decided to work together get the job done.

Great feedback!!! Were you a paying client? Non paying? Did you scout? Just curious thanks

MT CAT nailed in saying this hunt is unique. Russ does the best he can with what he is dealt. I honestly think Russ is trying to knock down as many buffalo as he can, paying or not paying. Those of you who think he should not put a paying client on a better lick are very naive in life. He is between a rock and a hard place on this hunt but seems to still keep killing buffalo. If he only helps his paying clients, their success and everyone's success will go down. So he is inclined to help everyone and hope that guy's will appreciate that and get on board with his game plan. Going Rogue on this hunt is not the answer to killing a buffalo. I am sure it can be done, but it will the exception, not the rule. I think if everyone goes into this hunt knowing it is a unique hunt, everyone will be less inclined to be let down. In all the stories I have heard regarding Russ, more are positive than negative. Until the management of the herd changes, the hunt will continue to be challenging with it's own set of special circumstances.

• Like 5

I have no respnse to this thread. but it needs a meme of sorts.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

giphy.gif

the end of that vid the dude they saved socks the guy who helped him lol

giphy.gif

the end of that vid the dude they saved socks the guy who helped him lol

Probably a Bernie Voter

JUst got back from out of town. but wow. this thing blew up. Your right I should leave my personal feelings out of it. It is what you make of the hunt. I did have a great hunt but not my cup of tee to sit a blind everyday and or be told where i can or cannot sit. My reason for posting this was mainly to be informative to others looking to hunt this "once in a lifetime tag"

I never knew what to expect and was suprised of how the hunt has changed. I dont believe in blocking roads as this is illegal. I also believe in first come first serve and whoever is there first the other should respect that.

but to get away from all the he said she said crap. EXpect long days sitting a blind. If you choose to have a radio they will coordinate where you sit put higher paying clients in the best areas. not that this is a bad thing but just what you can expect if you choose to do a DIY hunt. Some seemed to have success without paying the fee and that is based on luck whether one happend to hit your area.

The hunt is definatley not like a quality deer or elk hunt chasing animals and being into them all the time. I felt more of like cattle and when they cross the park boundary you take turns on when to shoot.

I remember watching a video with Corky shooting a buffalo with his bow spot and staulk. I thought the hunt would be more like that. But it is not like that anymore. sit a blind wait your turn.

Hopefully future comments will be more along of how their hunt was hutning the animal and not their opinion on russ.

Anyone have success on a spot and stalk or just sitting a blind? and how did it go if you tried to spot and stalk?

Any success on the east side? I know some have started crossing back over there also

I don't know if it is true,but I heard 11 out of 12 killed their buffalo on this hunt.

I also heard this. The one hunter who didn't kill? You guessed it! It's the guy who started this thread!!! I'm guessing that 11 out of the 12 hunters who had this last tag would support Russ and his crew if you took a vote and I know after my hunt all 12 were very appreciative of everything and only 6 of us killed. So far in this thread there have been atleast 4-5 hunters who have ACTUALLY hunted up there that were happy about the way things went and 1 (again the OP who was the only one to not kill on the last hunt) who is pissed about the operation. I'd say that's pretty hard evidence that it's as good of a solution as there is for this hunt.

Not pissed yote. just dont believe in one guy operating the whole system. I wanted to start this forum to inform of how the hunt really is. but somehow someway this thing got way off track, guess thats what usually happens on this site.

Not pissed yote. just dont believe in one guy operating the whole system. I wanted to start this forum to inform of how the hunt really is. but somehow someway this thing got way off track, guess thats what usually happens on this site.
Dont knock this site it's a great site. Just a lot of oppions.

Some how, some way . . . Probably had nothing to do with you pouting about him not inviting your friend to lunch.

Regardless, today is a new day. Tomorrow the hopes and dreams of countless numbers will be dashed while a select few live out their dreams. But today we all have hope; today we can all dream.

Tonight is my last night of 2017 that I can believe that a sheep tag is a possibility. So tonight I will dream.

• Like 6

Some how, some way . . . Probably had nothing to do with you pouting about him not inviting your friend to lunch.

Regardless, today is a new day. Tomorrow the hopes and dreams of countless numbers will be dashed while a select few live out their dreams. But today we all have hope; today we can all dream.

Tonight is my last night of 2017 that I can believe that a sheep tag is a possibility. So tonight I will dream.

You have too sleep to dream. I won't be able to sleep tonight.
  • Like 1

thank you martin luther king jr

• Like 2
  • Haha 1