Sign in to follow this  
truehunter

2017 Buffalo House Rock Ranch

Also wanted to state for public knowledge. Jon7979 shot his buffalo off a tank called jons tank on the east side. I believe that's the name. Those buffalo hit for three days straight. Three bulls. Other two were bigger than the one he shot. So seems some of the buffalo are even hitting the east side and not only the west if you are doing your own scouting or hunting. Got cam pics of it all.

I would gladly post some pics and videos of my hunt. Just can't figure out how to upload on this site for some reason. Maybe someone help me figure this out.

Jon killed his bull on H salt. It was from a herd of cows calves and young bulls. There were two or three DIY hunters that killed on days leading up to that off same salt. I was there. I heard one hunter was special needs and had opportunity but hadn't killed as of last few days but I will admit I wasn't there. Maybe it was you!?!? Any other wisdom for us?
So were you there or were you not there?
  • Like 1

I want to put in there just so I can tell them to KMA. My hunt... my years invested ...my money.... I had a jack wagon try to tell me how to archery hunt I last year! Almost , I say almost ruined it for me... no more... it's MY HUNT

• Like 2

I am fortunate I don't have to hire a guide. I married a man who can track a mouse across a rock pile! Our hunts are intense, FUN and successful! If AZGFD tand make memories. issues us a tag , that is! If not we hunt squirrel, coyotes and birds. wE HAVE FUN. And make memories.

I am fortunate I don't have to hire a guide. I married a man who can track a mouse across a rock pile! Our hunts are intense, FUN and successful! If AZGFD tand make memories. issues us a tag , that is! If not we hunt squirrel, coyotes and birds. wE HAVE FUN. And make memories.

• Like 1

Also wanted to state for public knowledge. Jon7979 shot his buffalo off a tank called jons tank on the east side. I believe that's the name. Those buffalo hit for three days straight. Three bulls. Other two were bigger than the one he shot. So seems some of the buffalo are even hitting the east side and not only the west if you are doing your own scouting or hunting. Got cam pics of it all.

I would gladly post some pics and videos of my hunt. Just can't figure out how to upload on this site for some reason. Maybe someone help me figure this out.

Jon killed his bull on H salt. It was from a herd of cows calves and young bulls. There were two or three DIY hunters that killed on days leading up to that off same salt. I was there. I heard one hunter was special needs and had opportunity but hadn't killed as of last few days but I will admit I wasn't there. Maybe it was you!?!? Any other wisdom for us?
So were you there or were you not there?

Really guys? yote special needs?? cmon brother.

No I wasn't there. My camera was. this pic shows some buffalo and the back one looks like jons buffalo. I know the date is in May but this same group came back the same time Jon said he shot his. Yes there were also cows and calves with it on the second go around. I have cam pics on tuesday of the second week. buffalo there in the am then around 6am buffalo hitting salt. then next pic around 6:09 am guys running after the buffalo. pic looks like JON. maybe it was a different guy but the story of them not getting to the blind and seeing the buffalo added up and buffalo shot looked similar. and 100 yards behind the tank and salt lick i saw the carcuss. I could look up cam pics and post them on that day but where would that get us? point being as information that buffalo are hitting the East side as well and if you have a hunt and don't want to deal with the congestion of hunters that could be a good option. that picture is from Jons tank on the east side. IM not here to try and prove people wrong or right.

I feel I have thick skin and can take criticism and name calling. But when it comes to calling someone special needs and therefore its the same as insulting someone that has that disability (saying in your mind you are any better than that person) that is just wrong and low class. cmon yote 3am go get some sleep buddy. I have a good friend and his brother has downs. we love the hunting trips with him because he is great entertainment. in fact hunts aren't the same with out him. I feel bad for his disability but also feel he is in a lot better place than most of us. Doesn't see the fighting that occurs in hunting and views the world as a much better place i wish i could try to view things as he does.

Maybe I should do a different post with information only on the hunt and leave all the other crap out. All the nay sayers can keep posting on this one. Might help many considering to apply and looking to do DIY hunt up there.

Ill see if i can post more pics and vids and information on the hunt. Seems there are many on here that have messaged me and want to know more about this hunt. Maybe some past years hunters can post where they hunted and what experience they had keeping the name calling out.

post-3172-0-92300600-1499528627_thumb.jpg

I have mixed reviews on this, both sides of which have already been stated and I agree to an extent with each side. My hunt was two years ago and it was the most frustrating and then rewarding hunts after killing a bull on the 20th day of my hunt. I did not hire Russ or his guides but did receive help initially and then again when I killed my bull they were there to help, along with some other hunters who I had met up there that were also DIY for the hunt. I was also burned by some of his guides in the middle of it all. It's a weird set up for a hunt on so many levels. My main advice is that if any of you that have points and would like to hunt Buffalo someday up there to pay attention and get involved in the legislation that is trying to control how they manage the herd on the Park. Until that changes this set up that we currently have will not change. The Buffalo have a safe haven on the Park and only move off for water, salt, and feed. There is usually plenty of water and feed on the park and it is dry spells that start to push them off in numbers during the summer months. If they will allow hunters to do our part of conservation on the Park then it will keep the numbers where they want them, keep sportsmen happy, and potentially spread out the herd with some going back on to the public land side of the fence. Until then the Buffalo will continue to spend the majority of their life in the confines of the Park and hunters will have to fight over the few that wander 10 feet on to the wrong side of the fence.

On my 20th day I went against the grain and got out of that god forsaken blind and tracked down a Buffalo. You can hunt them however you want....it's your tag.

So wait . . . People are all butt hurt because when they go to sit on a salt lick set up by someone else, with a trailcam set by someone else and someone else's ground blind that they heard was being hit on a radio provided by that same someone else but then they get there and someone else is there?

I can see that.

If it was only that simple. There are established salt licks and blinds left about every 1/2 mile all along the park boundary. They've been established and maintained by so many people over the years that there really is no other option. And it's like the Strip where there's at least one if not 5 trail cameras on each water source, salt lick or travel trail in that 13 mile stretch west of the highway. Same on the East side.

• Like 4

I want to put in there just so I can tell them to KMA. My hunt... my years invested ...my money.... I had a jack wagon try to tell me how to archery hunt I last year! Almost , I say almost ruined it for me... no more... it's MY HUNT

The good part about doing it your own way is that you will get to put in for the draw in the following years as well.

Good advise Basser

I talked with Carl Lutch. He said it should be interesting what happens in the next month. Guess the right now the ordinance to hunt the park is in the house to pass. Should it pass (which he believes it will) they will then decide on how to reduce the numbers whether by hunters or lethal action and something with the meat and hides going to a native tribe.

His hope is that this will push them off the park and more onto the kabab allowing more opportunity for DIY hunting rather than just sitting blinds in concentrated areas. who knows if this would work but worth a try.

This picture is less than a quarter mile from the park. people out of vehicles taking pictures and all. definitely a safe haven

These buffalo don't even care who is there.

post-3172-0-11567000-1499533717_thumb.jpg

Truehunter I call BS and you a flat out liar, a bitter, ignorant liar! I was on the first June hunt this year and Brian is one tough, honest, hard working guy!! If it wasn't for him helping a non-paying hunters I wouldn't of got my bull! Yes I was a paying client, I did my research and I wasn't going to sit in Russ's blinds, over his salt, his cameras, use his radios and not pay anything! You're full of crap, 4 non paying clients tagged out before me and I was the 2nd if 3 paying clients to harvest. A 3rd from ND didn't tag out I heard. I don't see Brian telling anybody to shoot over anybody's head! I've talked to both Briand and Russ a fair bit and that is not at all how they operate! As far as your claim to Russ blocking roads, another lie, when he came up on the weekends he was clearing roads! Yes they want control, they bloody know the area like the back of their hands and the bison, do you? The answer to that is no, but you are ignorant and bitter cause you didn't tag out. Every night Brian would talk to each and every Hunter, get the radios to charge overnight and in the morning hand them back out and send the hunters out. Brian put me on a spot that he flat out said that it is known for only bulls and big ones and they didn't come in as often as other places known for cows and single bulls and asked if I was ok with that. I was, 6 days later he asked if I wanted to move, gave me two options and after talking about it we decided in a spot the day before a non paying client killed a bull. He helped them cut it up and hauled over half if it out for them cause he knew if he didn't they'd still be there in the morning hauling meat out and nobody would have a chance there. So because of Brian and his hard, unselfish work I got my bull! No Russ doesn't want people driving all around up there "scouting", you're only a hundred yards to 200 off the park boundry, they already know which spots the bison are hitting, they are on top of it daily!! This bison hunt is not like any other hunt, and this complaining about how Russ runs it, really don't understand it cause they haven't talked to him much it Brian or they have a huge ego problem! It's their salt, their blinds and they ask for nothing in return, yet there is always ungrateful idiots like you that will complain. As far as Brian refusing to pick up a client, don't remember if you or somebody else said that, that is a lie too! Brian dropped me off every morning and picked me up every evening like clockwork. My truck was totaled last September and still fighting the insurance company (long story). I had to go up there in a Prius, I was able to haul a couple hundred pounds of meat back to Mesa and on the way the hide and cape, skull to the taxidermist and two days later I met Russ in Flagstaff to get the rest if the meat. Amazes me the likes from ignorant, ego plague cry babies! Guess what also buddy, I don't see Russ going anywhere. I'm putting in my baby Mama's 11 year old and 13 year old in for the hunt as well as the mom and will use Russ again for each hunt! You didn't tag out, keep applying, no need to make up likes! This hunt is unlike any other which means different tactics that aren't used anywhere else or very very few places. Grow up, suck it up!

What an A$$ ^^^

• Like 1

This topic is probably my favorite thing to read each year. Seems like the same general complaint shows up every summer. I'm still a little bitter from my brother not tagging out on the Raymond hunt. Lol

• Like 2

best line "he blew off a bunch of buff dudes in the dark"

Fixed it. This is what i'm sure he meant to say

• Like 3

And there ya go. These are all the Russ supporters that you will be camping with.

Disgraceful to the hunting community. When we are at a critical time when there is a huge push against guns and hunting and we have people like this voicing their opinions in behalf of the hunting community.

It's no wonder why so many are anti hunting and guns in the world.

Who will change how they think and act? No one because like it's been said they haven't grown out of junior high.