Red Rabbit

Helinox Chair for Glassing?

I use one that's just like that off ebay cost me like $25...? works great, takes a second to set up but I like it a lot better than a 3-leg chair comfort wise. I usually throw my sweatshirt or something behind me tho to help me sit up in the chair better.

It works well when your tripod will fit over your lap. I find it comfortable when I can "spread" my tripod legs so I can glass while leaning back into the chair.

Interesting. I'm always looking for new stuff.

Those legs look like they'd sink into wet ground tho.

They pack up really small and very light. But I didn't go ahead and get one because I would have to lean forward to look through my binos. I couldn't get my tripod to spread the legs out far enough to make it work so it became more uncomfortable

I fold up my sweatshirt and place it behind me to help prob me up. I always have something with me so it works well. my new tripod will also go out far enough if I wanted to kick back, Defiantly helped me spend more time in the glass.

Rei I think has some similar on sale right now.

Not to jack this thread but the REI in Tempe has moved to Ray Rd. I think it is smaller with a lot less stuff.

I have tried a couple of Crazy Creek "chairs" in hopes of finding some back support. I went back to just a foam pad and occasionally lean back to stretch out. With this Helinox chair, I wonder if leaning slightly forward is comfortably doable. Perhaps a trip to granola REI to test is in order. Thank y'all for your responses.

Although i may be acting defiantly, i would definitely like to take one for a test a drive. Look pretty cool. I rarely glass from level ground though it seems

Rei I think has some similar on sale right now.

Not to jack this thread but the REI in Tempe has moved to Ray Rd. I think it is smaller with a lot less stuff.

Yes, it is just north of the Home Depot on 54 th street. I saw it when I went to Home Depot but have not been in it yet.

Those legs would scare me. I have the Jim White glassing seat and can't imagine what I am going to do when it is finally gone. The lower back support is key to glassing for longer.