Red Rabbit

Photobucket Blocking Images

I just ran out of space on my Dropbox and had to upgrade to the plus version. You get 1 TB for $150 a year. It isn't free but it's cheaper than Photobucket if you're looking to change.

I have been seeing this, but when I tried to access their site I got no where. Thanks for explaining what is going on. Never used PhotoBucket anyway.

Plus 1 on Dropbox. I use it for work and to store maps, photos and music. The cloud the way it should be in my opinion.

All of the images I have posted have been hosted by PB, but my $400 is not in their future.

Doug,

I too was using PB. Kind of bent about the whole thing too. What are you using now?

I've been using photobucket...now I just upload directly to CW.com I don't use or need pictures for any other site...

All of the images I have posted have been hosted by PB, but my $400 is not in their future.

Doug,

I too was using PB. Kind of bent about the whole thing too. What are you using now?

DC, I am still using PB. I had heard that those with paid accounts will be able to use PB until sometime in 2018 before having to upgrade.

Also, imgur has been suggested as a free alternative.

This may be old news, but if you are using the Chrome browser, you can install an extension that will display the blocked PB images. Go to the Extension tool in Chrome and search for "photobucket fix". There are a few different extensions to choose from, the first one I tried didn't work. The one I am using is titled "Photobucket Embedded Image Fix".

You will still want to find another way to host your images, but this will at least allow you to see the old PB photos.

If you install it successfully, you will see the rattlesnake photo below:

P1110557.jpg

Photobucket used to be a great site and super convenient but over the last few years it was so bogged down with ads and pop ups that I hated using it anyways. Them blocking 3rd party hosting was just the reason I needed to delete my account. I switched to Imgur but have not been real happy with it as It's not as easy to use. I have been using google photos and then just saving the images from google photos into a special folder on my computer as they save as a smaller file size than the originals and can be easily uploaded directly to the forums I visit.