Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

New tripod

I just watched a YouTube vid on new nightforce tripod that looks to be exactly what I need. I have been toying with rigging a 3 rd truck pole for a quick detach plate and bungee it to my other 2 and make a tripod then I can bring poles like I always do and ditch the tripod while backpacking. Well nightforce just made a new pod that does just that only way nicer than my idea.

Search nightforce tripod on YouTube and check it out. Sweet. Head is not the best but will work.

Only bad deal is I think my tripod and 2 trekking poles may be lighter so need to weigh them.

A trekking poles/tripod combo is something I've been wanting for years.

I've considered buying a second Promaster to scavenge the monopod leg and replace one of the regular legs on my current tripod.

Wow what a collection of tripods cactusjack!

I'll likely be ordering one of these. Only issue woukd be my fat but breaking one of the legs while using it as a walking stick.

• Like 2

I'm with Casey. I love redundancy in my gear until the point where I break one piece and it takes away the ability to do several things. In this case bust a walking stick and then you can't glass from a tripod. I like the idea though.

I received the Nightforce tripod about 2 weeks ago. I am having a hard time finding a second QR plate to quickly switch between spotting scope and binoculars.

The tripod is very nice though and I am looking forward to using it in the field.

I just upgraded spotting scope from Leupold Golden Ring 12-40x60 to a Swarovski STS 80mm. The Nightforce tripod and Swarovski spotting scope is a little less than one pound heavier than the Leupold and my old Vanguard tripod. I am very pleased with that fact.

I may use the trekking poles when needing a little stability for packing meat, but doubt I will use them for everyday use.

Nice tripod.

• Like 1