carpcody

Side x side opinions

So I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a newer used side x side. iv been doing a lot of research on different makes and models over the last few months but just wanted to get some real life info from some of you guys. My top 3 choices right now and not really in this order are the ranger, Viking and teryx. It has to be at least a 4 seater and it will be used pretty much for family rides with my little girls and for hunting. So anywase just looking for some insite that some of you may have good or bad on any of these 3 or others as well.

The new polaris generAl 1000 is bad a$$

If no budget that's exactly what I was going to recommend. Best of both worlds

I have a 08 teryx they are build great but no power, no suspension travel, but ride well for only 7 inch of travel. I have done a bunch of mods to mine long travel, big bore kit, fuel inejction, and aa bunch of other stuff.

• Like 1

The new polaris generAl 1000 is bad a$$

If no budget that's exactly what I was going to recommend. Best of both worlds

I really like the general too but they're just a little too much money. I'd like to stay under 14 if I can.

My ranger is a lil older, 07, but I have zero complaints. Minor repairs from off road use, do all the maintence myself, and it is a tank. For my use, hunting, I rarely hit 30 mph but it crawls over anything u put in front of it and can carry a load.

• Like 4

I have the ranger 07 and I agree on everything KaibabHunter said. :)

TJ

• Like 1

Really like my Ranger as well. Got it for $5500 with 97 hours on it. Not fast- a little over 40mph but indestructable and will haul a whole elk.

Honda Pioneer 1000 4. Has an actual transmission not belt driven. Honda reliability and plenty of power and can still do about 45-47 mph. 1500lb capacity and a new one comes in around 14-15k

• Like 3

Polaris all the way here. I've had 3 sportsmans and on my second ranger. Have never had a problem other than reg maintenance crap. Those things are tanks.

I've been shopping myself.

Is the lack of EBS on the Rangers really an issue? I go down some steep azz stuff and my truck is in 4 low - 1st gear and feathering the brakes and its still a bit unnerving..haha

Polaris Ranger. Nothing else to consider.

Done

• Like 1

Just get the biggest motor and suspension u can afford. Number one rule

• Like 1

Polaris Ranger is great if you like to work on your own vehicle...a lot....

• Like 2