Sign in to follow this  
AxisWorks LLC

SPF, Thanks to everyone who showed intrest.

Hey everyone its Eric From AxisWorks LLC.

First off I'd like to thank you all for the warm welcoming we have received since becoming a vendor on the site. In just a short time we have had the opportunity to meet and provide services to quite a few great members. Each one of you is greatly appreciated.

Here is what we have going on here.

We had the opportunity here to build a rifle from a clean slate and do whatever we wanted. We wanted to do something different, from the action choice to the cartridge, fluting, color scheme etc etc... Our plan from the beginning was to build a unique rifle and put it up for sale so someone could get a rifle without the usual lead time on a build.

We ultimately decided on starting the build with a Tikka action. Since you can't buy just a Tikka action by itself we bought and converted a Factory Tikka T-3 .300 WSM into the 6.5 Sherman Short Mag. Cartridge selection wasn't an easy decision and we knew by choosing the 6.5SS we wouldn't exactly be marketing to the masses with this one. However we still wanted to stay the course of unique here. (Ill post some links for anyone not familiar with the 6.5SS cartridge.)

Since everyone has been so great on CWT the last few months we wanted to advertise it here first just in case someone on the site may be interested.

Break down of the Specs:

Action: Trued Tikka T-3 Action

Barrel: Benchmark #3 contour, 1:8 (5) groove, 26" finished length, "plus brake" with interrupted fluting.

Stock: Bell and Carlson T-3 Sporter, with full aluminum bedding block that extends from grip to front swivel stud. "Black with gray spider webbing"

Bolt: Tikka T-3 bolt with added interrupted fluting to match the barrel.

Bottom metal: Plastic B/M was upgraded to the AtlasWorks aluminum B/M finished in type 3 hard anodize.

Bolt Shroud: Plastic bolt shroud was upgraded to the AtlasWorks Stainless Steel shroud

Bolt Handle: Factory stainless handle and knob upgraded to the Lumley Arms Titanium handle and carbon fiber knob.

Trigger: Factory Tikka trigger with upgraded YoDave's mainspring bringing the trigger in right at a crisp 2lbs.

Brake: AxisWorks 1/2-28 thread, (3) port.

Scope Base: EGW, 20 MOA one piece Picatinny, type 3 anodize, Black.

Bipod Mount: Atlas Bipods 2.050 1913 Picatinny rail.

Cerakote: Blue Titanium over Graphite Black, H Series

Weight: Rifle currently weighs in at 9.54 lbs with Nightforce 5.5-22x50 NSX and Nightforce rings. (not included in sale)

Scope & Rings: Not Included

Notes: This is a brand new build with exactly 50 rounds down the barrel to fire form the 7mm SAUM brass into 6.5SS.

The rifle consistently shot sub 3/4" groups last Sunday while fire forming its brass. (Adam AKA Big Browns can contest to this as he was there pulling the trigger on it as well.) We have built quite a few rifles for customers in this cartridge the last year and a half and I'm confident it will be a sub 1/2 minute or better rifle with little load development and formed brass.

Contact Info: Eric-- PH: 574-249-0929 Email: Egoss@axisworksaz.com

Price: $2900 Firm

Links for the the 6.5 Sherman Short Mag cartridge:

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/6-5-ss-sherman-shortmag-107838/

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f28/6-5-sherman-load-data-needed-174453/

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/6-5-sherman-short-160-matrix-117547/

post-6055-0-46766800-1499975603_thumb.jpg

post-6055-0-28407200-1499975614_thumb.jpg

post-6055-0-03300100-1499975625_thumb.jpg

post-6055-0-17590300-1499975635_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

WOW

I can 100% contest to this guns ability to shoot sub moa groups. It was very easy to shoot and has a very nice trigger pull. Therefore, I can also say with 100% certainty "this gun is Awesome."

• Like 1

:o Awesome looking rifle!

I have seen it in person at the shop. The rifle is beautiful.

And the cartridge is what I am building at the moment as well.

3/4 in groups at 100 yds? sorry read the rest of the paragraph. Nice looking rifle.

3/4 in groups at 100 yds? sorry read the rest of the paragraph. Nice looking rifle.

Correct... 3/4" groups at 100 yards. Roughly 57 grains of H1000 while blowing taper out of the case body and the shoulders to 40 degrees. I say roughly 57 grains because I knew that was a more than safe powder charge to simply form the case. I set 3 different chargemasters to throw 57 grains. If it was plus or minus .1 or .2 grains I didn't care. Again just needed to form the brass. 143 gr ELD-X danced around 2950fps .020 off the lands.

We fire formed 150 cases that day using (3) 6.5SS's. Each rifle formed 50 cases. All the same load all close to the same results.

That looks sweet!! I love Tikka's! Smooth as butter

Here's mine! 6.5-270 AI

post-12761-0-99570100-1499992794_thumb.jpg

Fire form is about the same I used 57 grains W760 and was consistent with 1/2 and 3/4" groups

Shoots now 143 ELD-x H 1000 60.5g 3,105 fps with a 0.465 MOA

Bump for an awesome rifle that your selling

• Like 3

Zeke that rifle of yours looks like a neff's custom rifle?

Clint (Stomp442) from safford. If neffs his last name then yes

Bump for a very nice rifle.