azcoyote

Cellular game cams

thats the only way a cam would work for Me. I want live action. I would pay the $ to see them as they come in . Thats why I never liked them. . No instant results. I don't have 100 days a year to checkcams. If I could turn on my computer and watch it I would do it. If You have 10 hours a day to check cams , Thats Your job. Good luck...........BOB!

I have the Covert Blackhawk 12.1 cams and they work great! Have booster antennas on them, external 6 volt batteries with solar panels and they work awesome! Nothing like REAL TIME action! They take great pictures and you can control all functions right off of your phone or computer

I have the Covert Blackhawk 12.1 cams and they work great! Have booster antennas on them, external 6 volt batteries with solar panels and they work awesome! Nothing like REAL TIME action! They take great pictures and you can control all functions right off of your phone or computer

post-14124-0-89906700-1500128522_thumb.png

post-14124-0-07174300-1500128575_thumb.png

thats the only way a cam would work for Me. I want live action. I would pay the $ to see them as they come in . Thats why I never liked them. . No instant results. I don't have 100 days a year to checkcams. If I could turn on my computer and watch it I would do it. If You have 10 hours a day to check cams , Thats Your job. Good luck...........BOB!

Yet somehow people think cams make shoot easy

• Like 1

Cellular trail cameras have always interested me, but I have been scared off by the cost of operation and difficulty getting a signal where I hunt. What has the group's experience been with these issues? Do these work where a cell phone doesn't? What does the cellular plan cost? How do you run multiple cameras? Does each camera cost like another phone on your plan?

Thanks

Reading archery talk they seem to use them a lot back east. Where I am set up I don't have a cell signal. If I don't have a cell signal I don't have data. The data plans are not feasible on those. I guess if you only send thumbnail pics you could get away with those GB. I wouldn't even consider a plan on 500mb. I have a home-brew that uses a 512mb memory stick. Had it filled up in two weeks with animal pics. Now say you run 10 cameras for 4 GB at $35/mo. you are looking at $350/mo. Then your camera is considered trash and taken out of the field by the good people cleaning the forest and carrying bolt cutters. Do you have a contract or is it month by month?

Not for me and what I want to do.

• Like 1

Reading archery talk they seem to use them a lot back east. Where I am set up I don't have a cell signal. If I don't have a cell signal I don't have data. The data plans are not feasible on those. I guess if you only send thumbnail pics you could get away with those GB. I wouldn't even consider a plan on 500mb. I have a home-brew that uses a 512mb memory stick. Had it filled up in two weeks with animal pics. Now say you run 10 cameras for 4 GB at $35/mo. you are looking at $350/mo. Then your camera is considered trash and taken out of the field by the good people cleaning the forest and carrying bolt cutters. Do you have a contract or is it month by month?

Lol'd so hard @ the good people

512mb would fill up in 2 days on some cams.

Bob, you don't need 10 hours a day or 100 days a year to check cameras. You bash them over and over and claim they are more or less a "rich man's scouting tool". Turns out, you would use them if you could be lazy in doing so. Smh. Don't hate that some of us work our @ss off all week long spend time checking/setting cams on our days off rather than drinking beer and complaining about the people that do. I can get nearly 300 miles on the cost of a 30 pack

• Like 3

I use Buckeye Cams. It is the only way to go out here in AZ. It's pretty simple to set up and will pay for itself in no time. And best thing about it, is that you don't need cell service where you want to put a camera! Options are unlimited with Buckeye Cams.

I've been using them for 5 years now and love them. I've used other cams (Spartan, covert, Bushnell, Reconyx), but there are so many limitations with these other cams, it's not worth it in my opinion.

I 100% agree with 520hunt. Buckeye Camera Systems is the best live camera system. There is no place you can't put a camera. Buckeye Camera Systems saved me $1000s in gas, time and wear and tear on my vehicles, because I could check my cams from my phone or computer, anywhere in the world.

I have been using a couple for watching the gates at our gravel pits for the past couple of years. Carrier is HCO Outdoors, call service is through Verizon. Each camera costs about $400, and about $30/month for the data plan and the service through HCO. They take 12 AA batteries that last about 5 months. I have had good luck with them can change settings right from my computer pretty slick. As far as service goes they work better than making a call on a cell phone, basically if you have one bar on your phone and can get a text out they will work. I bought mine through Mike Harris south of Tucson, he is a dealer and I believe he sells to the Border Patrol as well, they use them to track known trails that the drug smugglers use. If anyone wants to get in touch with him send me a PM.