Sign in to follow this  
kennyazman

Ruger American predator muzzle brake

I bought a muzzle brake for my ruger american predator. This rifle has a threaded barrel that makes it easy to just screw the brake on. However the brake did not screw all the way down all the threads leaving about 1/4" of threads before the brake bottomed out. It is definitely screwed down as tight as it will go. Will this be a problem when the gun is fired? Wondering if any of you guys with this same rifle have run into this.

The brake didn't come with a backer nut? Shouldn't be a problem either way but you could put one on to cover the threads if it bothers you

• Like 1

I had a quick question. Which muzzle brake did you use and do you like it. I've been looking for a muzzle brake for my Ruger American Predator, but I'm not finding a lot of information. Thanks.

I used a Miculek ar10 brake on my 6.5 creedmore. Cheap and seems to work very well.

• Like 2

I put quattromax brakes on all the predators I build. Made by Dean Maisy out of New Zealand, all made to the spec of the predator barrel. Thats the reason yours wont thread all the way to the barrel shoulder the brake needs a shank before the threads