Sign in to follow this  
Tannert

Looking for a Mr.Heater...Buddy heater

I have the big buddy heater for our jumping jack and it works great! i'm scared to let it run all night, like the other guy said....I don't want to wake up dead

When we were elk hunting last year, we spent 1 of the last nights in a tent. It was 15-20*F probably in a 10x14 Kodiak Flexbow. We had 2 little buddy heaters running in there. 1 hooked to the big bottle on high, 1 on low hooked to green cylinders. No CO issue. The my CO alarm never went off.

I bought a CO detector that I keep in the tent because I am paranoid. I don't really think in a tent it is an issue, but learning the hard way would suck...

I have been in a cab over with a little buddy running all night with no issues. The only time we had a CO issue was when the RV 4 feet away from us was running his generator and that was leaking in. The exhaust was literally right next to us though.

Plus one on this. 2 battery powered detectors cost very little compared to funerals.

• Like 1

Shrek and I both use a Big Buddy for our 30+ foot toy haulers. In December low keeps it at 60.

Perfect and no worries about the batteries dying.

• Like 1

I bought a CO detector that I keep in the tent because I am paranoid. I don't really think in a tent it is an issue, but learning the hard way would suck...

I have been in a cab over with a little buddy running all night with no issues. The only time we had a CO issue was when the RV 4 feet away from us was running his generator and that was leaking in. The exhaust was literally right next to us though.

Plus one on this. 2 battery powered detectors cost very little compared to funerals.

Worth the investment for sure

• Like 1

Sounds like a bunch of you guys need better sleeping bags. I've slept in single digits in a tent many times just fine without a heater.

Sounds like a bunch of you guys need better sleeping bags. I've slept in single digits in a tent many times just fine without a heater.

Perhaps, but after long days in the dew or snow, it sure is nice to have dry boots and gear while getting your day started in a comfortable, warm, methodical mindset. I love that saying, "to each their own." You should try it.

• Like 1

I'm from the valley, I am a flatlander

• Like 1

I have used a single Burner on top of my large propane tank. Heats my kodiak tent in no time. I only using when winding down and when I wake up to knock off the chill.

With children?

Thankfully I have a heater so I don't need to....

• Like 1

I run a big buddy heater in my popup, it works great! I prefer it over the built in heater in the trailer because the trailer heater is noisy when it kicks on and wakes me up every time. It heats the trailer just enough and is never an issue, even when running on high all night.

• Like 1

My face gets cold. I run just the regular Heater Buddy and have used it in a TT and tents too usually just on low which is about 4500 BTU.

Whatever battery powered ones they got at wal mart or home depot. I would do one higher then my head and one lower. Not sure if it makes a difference.

Whatever battery powered ones they got at wal mart or home depot. I would do one higher then my head and one lower. Not sure if it makes a difference.

They come with directions. Pretty sure it is 18".